Job Location: Chennai
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
You will be responsible for Rating and Billing Telecom System Production support and Maintenance. Good at exploring emerging technologies and apply them in the workplace. Good Knowledge of Production operations and Monitoring. Ensures adequate infrastructure monitoring, reporting, and alerting systems are in place and good knowledge on Production support and Maintenance. Knowledge and working large application support and work on shifts. Resources will be supporting Bill Cycle Runs, Batch Process Monitoring, Addressing Environment issues, Provides Support to NetCracker Monitoring team, Code Builds and Deploys in various data centers and work on customer tickets.
You would be leading the technology evaluations in modernizing of Rating and Billing platform.
- Acting as Rating and Billing subject matter expert with understanding on Wireless Postpaid Billing.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in the technology space, trends and industry practices.
- Driving the strategic vision for billing modernization as a technical and functional expertise on BSS & OSS wireless.
- Deploy and Work on Production and Operational Batch jobs and monitor them.
- Work on 14X7 Support Team. Drive the support calls and command center calls for Production.
- Applying information and knowledge to an endpoint technology road map.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in operations & support.
- Experience in handling DevOps Build and Deploy, Production support and Operations.
- Experience with Linux / Unix/ Database / SQL / Cassandra.
- Knowledge ofvarious scripting languages Shell, Python, Jenkins, kubernetes, Ansible.
- Knowledge on AWS system maintenance and monitoring.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Building/Package/Deploy Web and batch applications.
- Knowledge of application deployment and monitoring and managing the multiple servers and manage them.
- Good exposure & hands on experience with Oracle, Cassandra, kubernetes, Ansible.
- Knowledge on AWS Cloud migration and maintenance.
- Knowledge on Dockers, Kafka, groovy scripting.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Please note, in countries where there is a COVID-19 related government order or rule, Verizon is required to ensure that all employees accessing our workplace comply with these mandatory requirements. If you work in one of these locations, you will be required to provide us with your vaccination status prior to joining. If this, or any other COVID related requirement applies in your location, we will notify you about this before you start work.