Job Location: Bangalore
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
- Architect and co-create, a highly scalable, available, resilient & distributed applications and multi-tenant Platforms.
- Highly hands on with coding/designing, leading and developing a large scale multi-tenant software components on the Platform in Agile based methodology to provide self-service capabilities.
- Collaborating with partners from business and technology organizations, develop key deliverables for Data Platform Strategy – Scalability, optimization, operations, availability, roadmap.
- Actively participate in all phases of software development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, planning, development, testing/CICD, release, post production/escalation support.
- Build partnerships with other technology teams to drive efficiency in their use of platforms.
- Expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems.
- Ability to act as a Tech lead, guide and Mentor junior members in the scrum team. Stays current with new and evolving technologies.
- Provide technical leadership to the Data Platform organization.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical discipline. With 13+ years of overall software development experience.
- Proficiency in one or more programming language – Java and Scala
- Strong problem solving skills to deep dive, brainstorm, and choose best solution approach.
- Experience in Bigdata Technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Hive…) is a MUST.
- Exposure to build REST services and API’s following best practices of service abstractions, Micro-services and Orchestration frameworks is desirable.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in DevSecOps world – Github/Git, CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins, Security Tools, Kubernetes/VMs/Linux, Monitoring, Alerting, etc.
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and Experience in leading broad initiatives and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.