Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bangalore
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
At Value Added Services, we are focused on creating, enabling and supporting smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with your phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
The Value Added Services Engineering team is looking for talented engineers for Bangalore office to drive the evolution of data and analytics, reporting solutions through developing a scalable platform to support application development teams.
You will work closely with architects, product owners, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique platform capabilities. Your code will be rock solid and built to perform on multiple platforms & environments. You will be also work closely with various stakeholders to help establish web development standards.
You will drive development of multiple applications, prototype new applications and feature ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of web development.
We are looking for someone with in depth working knowledge on Apache Hadoop, Hive, Apache Nifi, Kafka, Spark, Java, Python, Apache Airflow or similar scheduling technologies, and have interest in distributed computing, scalability and building reliable high-performance system. The candidate is expected to have strong Big Data design and implementation work experience including the best practices.
- Design and implement platform components and services to be consumed by the business and application teams for their data, analytics and reporting requirements.
- Interface with various stakeholders and establish rock solid platform capabilities apart from delivering business requirements.
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with PMO, Architects, Product Owners and other product vertical stake holders.
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert in all the platform capabilities and adapt to fast changes.
- Develop and adapt to common industry best practices for Big data related development and testing.
- Be part of POC initiatives for visionary initiatives
- Work independently and mentor new college grads/interns
- Be part of peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum –
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Bachelor’s in computer science or another technical field
- 5 or more years of overall software development experience
- 3 or more years of professional experience in developing highly
scalable platform development
- Expertise in Big data Hadoop technologies like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop/Nifi, Java/Scala, Python Kafka, Spark, Scheduling technologies like Apache Airflow and other relevant distributed technologies.
- Proficiency in SQL and Hive SQL, UNIX Bash and Shell Script.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Passion for learning latest in the Big Data and analytics space, architectural and design patterns
- Knowledge about Security standards
- Experience with tools like Rally, JIRA, SharePoint, wiki, etc
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Sound problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.