Job Location: Remote
To thrive in this role you will need a technical background in building, shipping, and maintaining data pipelines, data processes, and services as a software engineer, using Python or Scala using Spark, while having productionized solutions in a cloud environment like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will need an understanding of data warehousing concepts, using technologies such as Snowflake or AWS Athena. Furthermore, you will enjoy building big data solutions in a highly collaborative Agile environment, with a strong focus on customer empathy and quality.
Here’s what you can expect as a Data Engineer:
- Impact: Commercial real estate represents the second-largest asset class in the world and has done very little to advance in tech. You can be part of that motion moving forward
- Growth Opportunities: As you learn to work more autonomously, we have career paths for you to increase your impact on our codebase
- Teamwork: We work together on every project and want to know what is good for the team, not just slap our name on a release. We want everyone to grow. This is a team you can rely on – for code support and when you have a family crisis
- Learning: We are eager to learn and develop our skills to create better products and so we can help each other with problems. That’s why we use pairing to develop our products (and our people)
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the one platform designed to connect everyone in commercial real estate, complete with leasing, marketing, asset management, tenant experience, and data. The VTS platform brings commercial real estate (CRE) full circle, empowering CRE leaders to leverage unique data and actionable insights to drive impactful decisions for the future. The VTS integrated platform is revolutionizing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done — disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the industry’s all-inclusive, modern operating system.
Our success is shown in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS worldwide, and we’ve expanded to over 700 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow and break records. Our goal as a business is to continue to build a sustainable, high-growth, and efficient software business.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and San Diego.
To learn more about VTS and view our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time