Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, The Great Bharat
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Wabtec IT Data & Analytics (DnA) Team…at the forefront of the business priorities in building a next generation data and analytics ecosystem…is looking for a Data Engineer to design, develop, test & deploy large scale data analytics solutions. This hands-on position is part of IT Data & Analytics – Advanced Analytics & AI team. This Data Engineer will be on scrum development team & works on Data Lake Platform & responsible for Engineering application
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all stages of agile / scrum software development (scrum ceremonies) to design, develop, test, deploy and support data analytics applications. Apply new ideas and follow data flow patterns that can deliver products to show ease of use, faster and smarter ways.
- Works closely with the Dev Lead & TPM of the scrum team to service the needs of the Business teams to deliver solutions. Collaborate well with the DnA team & with cross-functional busines users.
- Design & Develop data acquisition from source systems to Data Lake platform, ingestion processes including AI value add transformations. Create data storage constructs & data load process for mirror, curation, and consumption layers on Data Lake.
- Develop medium to large analytic projects, participate in stakeholder communication, and ensure objectives are met and exceed SLAs.
- Follow the formal ITIL / ITSM processes for Incidents, Change Requests, Deployments and Service Requests, ensure the processes are documented and that IT teams and business users are following for Data process & visualization needs.
- Create well designed, testable, efficient code. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Align data flows, design, architecture with business requirements and prepare data for advanced analytical models
- Troubleshoot complex production issues beyond the scope of the OPS team and provide root cause analysis and recommendations for permanent solution
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Minimum Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Overall, 3 Years of Professional experience in Information Technology with ETL Processing / data architecture / BI / Data integration / Data Ingestion
- Good understanding and experience of working in AWS/cloud platform, HDFS, HiveQL, Spark, Python, R.
- Data Ingestion expertise using (any of Sqoop, Nifi, Kinesis etc) and Data Lake hosting on AWS., understands data on Oracle, MSSQL DBs, non-relational source systems.
- Exposure to Data science, R or Python models or NLP, Chatbot technologies desirable
- Flexible and Quick learner
- Critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict
- Ability to support multiple initiatives simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative, willing to understand, asking questions
- Ability to acquire any specialized domain knowledge required to be more effective in all required activities
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and having the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Effectiveness and Efficiency, and Accountability
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently, passionate about business & attention to details
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.