Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Boston, MA
With Wayfair’s aggressive growth comes the need for strong financial partnership, planning, and support across the business. The Strategic Corporate Finance (“SCF”) team owns all forecasting for our growing global business and consists of analytical and detail-oriented individuals who enable leadership to make challenging strategic business decisions by providing analysis of business performance and delivering in-depth business forecasting models to support and drive strategic decision making. We enjoy tackling challenging problems and translating quantitative analyses into broader, strategic business implications.
This is a highly visible role within Wayfair and ideal for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and data-driven environment. Within SCF, Business Planning partners closely with brand General Managers and cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, Pricing, and other business units to deliver a comprehensive understanding of our business drivers within our customer base and more generally, across Revenue and Advertising.
What you’ll do:
- Driving Business Planning forecasting work streams for some of Wayfair’s highest growth websites & brands both domestically and internationally.
- Know the numbers behind the business inside and out; serve as the subject matter expert for all internal stakeholders.
- Initiate and complete ad-hoc analytical requests and special projects.
- Drive thought leadership; supported by data-driven insights, you’ll help leadership inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. Your scope will span long-term business strategy and planning to short term orders forecasts.
- Strengthen existing relationships with cross-functional partners across Operations, Marketing and Profit Management, serving as the subject matter expert on Revenue and Ad Spend for your brands.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a record of academic excellence
- 1-3 years of experience in a combination of investment banking, equity research, investing (PE, VC, hedge fund), financial services, management consulting, or experience at a high-growth tech company in Strategic Finance, FP&A, Business Intelligence or similar role.
- Experience in building and adapting financial models
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams; a track-record of being highly sensitive and responsive to stakeholder needs and concerns
- Project manager; self-driven motivation with a high degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Effective communicator with experience leading senior level communications
A plus but not required:
- Knowledge of SQL (or desire to learn)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].