Job Location: Bangalore
Bengaluru, KA, IN
Data Engineer Lead, Retailer
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
There are more than 500 million smallholder farms globally. 2.5 billion people depend on Smallholder Communities for their food and livelihoods. Smallholder regions are characterized by low living standards, high rates of illiteracy and low agricultural productivity. Yara’s mission is “Responsibly Feed the World and Protect the Planet”. Key to achieving this is enabling thriving Smallholder Communities. At Yara, the Smallholders Digital Team is part of the Crop and Digital Solutions Unit.
About Crop and Digital Solutions
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company for the future and is leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to contribute to solving global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence with sales teams in ~150 countries and around 17,000 employees. Yara Farming Solutions, will lead the transformation towards more sustainable and efficient food production, by innovating our offerings and the way we work. Crop and Digital Solutions is responsible developing and scaling new “on-farm” digital and integrated tools and solutions for an efficient and transparent food system.
- Act as a single point of contact for all data and information architecture for the assigned solution
- Manage and build a team of data engineers, architects & BI analysts to support product teams in their activities
- Design and maintain a source of truth for all data in the ecosystem
- Create, manage and support DIKW (Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom) asset portfolios related to digital farming and agronomy
- Support digital products & teams in terms of database & data architecture design, integrations, pipelining, etc.
- Enable downstream functionalities such as data analytics, business intelligence and machine learning
- Closely work with DevOps and Platform team to setup the required capability, capacity and tooling
- Have managed a team of engineers to build and manage the data ecosystem from source till end consumption.
- Proficient in traditional and big database systems, NoSQL data, data modelling and data warehousing concepts.
- Worked with scalable architectures (lambda, containers etc.)
- Strong personal/professional interest in the LSM segments (developing countries, low-income markets, etc) and agriculture in general.
- Comfortable working with our tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Python, Airflow.
- Aligned with our principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency.
We strive to reflect the diversity in society and encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
Apply no later than
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Database, Agronomy, Sustainable Agriculture, Engineer, Agriculture, Technology, Engineering