Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: United States
- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About The Role
1010data is looking for a Junior Fixed Income Analyst with strong skills in data analysis to join our Data Science team. In this role, you will learn the data sources and analytics used by Fixed Income investors as you support their use of our platform to gain insights from the datasets we host. You will develop and provide domain expertise on mortgage-backed securities, credit bureau data and other Fixed Income datasets, and propose novel solutions to challenging problems.
At the core of 1010data’s technology stack is a fast, parallel processing database that powers all our product offerings. You will become an expert in the 1010data Macro Language our platform implements, but will also use Airflow, Python, and other frameworks as use cases require.
You will be based in the US and should be comfortable working remotely with multiple geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams.
Successful candidates will be creative self-starters who are passionate about using technology to solve real world business problems and add substantial value to the company.
This role is not sponsorable
What You Will Take On
- Support 1010data’s Fixed Income clients in using the 1010data platform to derive insights from, and answer inquiries about, our hosted datasets
- Develop subject matter expertise in Fixed Income markets and related datasets and analytics
- Become an expert user of 1010data Macro Language to analyze and process massive datasets
- Collaborate with Sales to lead demos, technical training for clients, and building analytics to support common use cases
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to ensure timely and high-quality data releases
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Engineering and Sales to transform source data into knowledge and insights
What You Already Have
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a highly analytical discipline such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, or Engineering.
- 0-2 years professional experience in data analysis or practical experience building customer facing analytical products
- Understanding of Fixed Income products and datasets, or desire to learn about them
- Ability to communicate and to apply statistical concepts
- Proficiency in database best practices, structures, and query languages such as SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more statistical scripting languages such as Python, R, SAS, SPSS, or MATLAB
- Curiosity, clarifying questions, a passion for learning new things, and perseverance in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to communicate clearly in meetings and written documents, consider options presented by others, and reach a balanced technical opinion
- Demonstrated excellence in supporting clients
- Used 1010data to analyze mortgage loan and other fixed income datasets
- Experience with pool and loan level data for different asset classes
- Experience with consumer credit data
- Wrote research reports targeted to clients and portfolio managers
- Background in vector/matrix arithmetic is a plus
- Experience with a list/vector-based language
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.