Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
For over 50 years, AeroVironment has been a leader in advanced technologies and diverse innovations that have redefined how the world drives, flies, and connects.
If you thrive on a culture of relentless problem-solving and invention, and want to work for a global front-runner where you tackle real-world challenges, then AeroVironment is the place for you.
Come join our group of innovative thinkers and discover how collaborative efforts produce extraordinary products that touch lives around the world. You can be a part of the team that developed these firsts: a controlled human-powered aircraft, the modern consumer electric car, a tiny hummingbird-like drone and a helicopter that flew on Mars. We also set flight records in near-space with our solar-powered aircraft and we re-shaped the battlefield with portable, hand-held, tactical drones and loitering munitions. We have cemented our reputation around the world and in record books as unrivaled technological pioneers, including seven innovative vehicles in the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
While engineering for the future is what we do, we are ever-mindful of our strong commitment to purpose — to secure lives and advance sustainability through transformative innovation. The products and solutions we provide our customers help to save lives and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
Join us to help push beyond the realm of the possible with such future-defining technologies as robotics, sensors, software analytics and connectivity to generate ever-more meaningful actionable intelligence for our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
The Test Equipment Engineer III designs, develops and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment for all phases of product development and manufacturing. In this role, one supports the integration and testing of unmanned aircraft systems and payloads.
- Designs, develops, deploys, troubleshoots and upgrades test equipment used in testing PCBAs, sub-systems, and systems during production
- This position requires C# / OOP software development using Visual Studio IDE
- Develops test plans, requirements/specifications and strategies
- Analyzes, processes, and formats test results
- Independently drives for results & consistently meets deliverables on projects with aggressive timelines
- Works with diverse teams across multiple disciplines
- Provides timely feedback to the product design team to improve the testability of design
- Develop a variety of power conversion devices, motor control systems and avionics from early stages of design through final testing and manufacturing support
- Execute functional, performance and environmental tests on avionics power & propulsion components
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative and effective ways
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineering is required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience in development test solutions used in a manufacturing production environment
- Experienced in writing Test Plans based on functional requirements and technical specifications
- Experienced in Object Oriented Programming (C# programming using Visual Studio IDE a plus)
- Experienced in writing bug reports and root-cause analyses
- Proficient in planning, writing, and executing test specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of various manual and automated testing methodologies at all stages of product development
- Strong testing knowledge & ability to use latest testing technology and standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering disciplines including mechanical and electrical design, material properties, and test instrumentation
Other Qualifications & Desired Competencies
- Radio Frequency (RF) test experience preferred
- Ability to generate cost and lead time estimates based on different levels of specifications at different life cycle stages of a project
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Typically receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Strong quality, risk quantification, and technical leadership skills
- Possesses effective problem resolution, judgment & decision making skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Displays strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Takes ownership and responsibility for current and past work products
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company
- Focused on teamwork, collaboration and putting the success of the team above one’s own interests
- Ability to work in an office and manufacturing environment (Constant)
- Required to sit and stand for long periods (Frequent)
- Required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard (Frequent)
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs. and carry objects of varying sizes and shapes (Occasional)
COVID Vaccine Statement
AeroVironment is a U.S. government contractor, and is therefore subject to the September 9, 2021 Presidential Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccines for federal contractors. Consistent with AeroVironment’s commitment to health, safety, and national security, all U.S.-based AeroVironment employees must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19; this means that all new hires located in the United States must provide proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19 before their start date. At this time, the vaccination requirement applies only to U.S.-based employees; non-U.S. locations will have their own vaccination policies in accordance with applicable law of the non-U.S. jurisdiction.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits : AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits .
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across India For Free