Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: 6-7+ Months (Possible extension)
Location: Los Angeles, CA (100% remote)
Contract Type: W2 Only
NOTE: Role open to Women Back to Work candidates with a career gap
To follow up with any questions, please contact Urvashi at 408-512-2796.
Next level banking starts here!
This position is responsible for the execution and support of data governance requirements and critical business elements within the assigned lines of business (LOBs) to align with the objectives of RBC’s Data Governance Approach. This position, as applicable, is responsible for producing and submitting manual data templates to the Reporting and Business Intelligence teams for integration into the reporting platforms. Providing attestation for lob specific data elements to the lending division/team’s quality assurance manager(s) including validation of the quality of source loan data provided for reporting; Ownership of the quality of specific data elements (including pre- and post-booking reviews of loan approval and boarding documents). review, research and resolve edit check failures within established reporting timeframes in conjunction with the quality assurance manager and loan support areas of the bank. Responsibilities also include: data validation (ensuring data input is equal to the output), data profiling; understanding of data lineage and data process flow; review and development of internal edit check reports, and maintaining other data quality monitoring processes in partnership with the data management officers (dmos). The data steward is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of quality assurance (qa) processes, including internal controls, governing critical data elements (cdes) for the assigned lines of business.
- Minimum 2 years of financial reporting experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or data management environment required
- Minimum 2 years of Microsoft Excel experience required (with knowledge of vlook-up, iferrors, pivot tables, macros)
- Minimum 2 years working in a data analysis role required
- Prefer 1-3 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- Strong understanding and background of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting preferred
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics preferred.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively including problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Understanding and background of CCAR reporting
- Background and experience with credit risk
- Strong excel skills
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues
- Behavioral Competencies
- Organizational awareness
- Independent thinker
- Effective communication
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. Akraya was recently voted as a 2021 Best Staffing Firm to Temp for by Staffing Industry Analysts and voted by our employees and consultants as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work.