Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Denver, CO
AUTHENTICITY | PASSION | COMMUNITY | INNOVATION | ADVENTURE
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round mountain destinations, the world’s largest heli-skiing operation, and Ikon Pass – the premier ski and snowboard season pass offering access to more than 50 iconic mountain destinations around the world.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado and born out of a shared love of the mountains and adventure, the company has brought together some of the world’s most aspirational brands, including: Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton Mountain and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec and Blue Mountain in Ontario, Canada; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada, and Aspenware, the ski industry leader in technology services and e-commerce, and Ski Butlers, the global leader in ski and snowboard rental delivery.
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; it’s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free Ikon Base Pass for all eligible employees, with additional free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents
- Discounted skiing + riding for friends and family of eligible employees across the family of Alterra Mountain Company Resorts
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) policies for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Flexible/hybrid workplace policy empowering employees to work from home while encouraging regular in-person collaboration in our company headquarters office located in Denver’s RiNo Art District neighborhood
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
The position is responsible for managing Alterra Mtn. Co.’s marketing analytics platform and leading its future growth, expansion, and development. The Analytics Product Manager is responsible for oversight of data engineering vendors, ETL processes, and analytic platform access and stability. This role leads projects with multiple vendors, including Customer Data Platform (CDP), ETL and data visualization vendors. This role requires technical data knowledge, an understanding of process development, and facilitation among a variety of stakeholders and vendors.
The Analytics Product Manager maintains a roadmap and vision for the marketing analytics platform, takes ownership over the success of the platform, works with urgency and brings experience and best practices to bear on the technology behind marketing analytics. Project management duties include working with the Analytics Manager and data engineering vendors to plan sprints, collaborating to ensure that everyone is working on the right items to deliver the analytic tools needed to get the work done.
- Maintain marketing analytics platform roadmap, leading technical decisions and vendors with a sense of urgency to deliver best-in-class marketing analytics tools to the marketing analytics team.
- Lead multiple vendors on projects to add data to analytics platform, archive data, fix and troubleshoot data issues, and QC data in the analytics platform. Able to lead and prioritize development sprints and able to get into the details for data engineering solutions for platform development.
- Be the technical expert on data as it flows from Point of Sale (POS) systems through the CDP to marketing analytics.
- Project management of enhancements/updates across vendors and end users. Define release iterations for the analytics platform.
- Anticipate database impact of business decisions across product classification, transaction, and other data fields to ensure continued data accuracy of marketing analytics platform.
- Implement and maintain analytic platform best practices (i.e., dev environments, establishment of SLAs and quality checks). Set up governance processes for the analytics platform.
- Maintain and enhance documentation for marketing analytics platform: data dictionary, reference of tables, stored procedures, etc.
- Develop and conduct training of end users on various aspects of the platform – from SQL to Tableau to predictive modeling.
- Development and maintenance of stored procedures in the analytics SQL environment. Evaluation of current data structure in tables built from stored procedures and creation of recommendations for new tables with data structures that are sustainable as platform access and data volume increase.
- Develop and implement a plan for marketing analytics platform scaling of user base.
- Perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis.
- Predictive modeling support (organize and cleanse data for input variables).
- Troubleshoot database and platform issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, data analytics, data engineering, or related field
- Must have the ability to extract, transform and manipulate data and create data visualizations and derive insights from raw or structured data sets.
- Experience manipulating data with software such as Tableau and/or PowerBI and a background in a programming language such as SQL, Python, or R is required.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for data table management, ETL processes, efficient data queries and cloud-based data storage and processing systems.
- Organized, logical, and timely.
- Experience managing project from conception through requirements to implementation and final delivery on strict timelines and across multiple vendors. Formal project management background preferred.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manages resources and time.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to make independent judgments which have considerable impacts on the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- BS/BA in business, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related quantitative fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $85,000 – $128,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.