Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Seattle, WA
- Bachelor degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
- 5+ years of professional experience in one of the following areas: Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Data Science.
- 5+ years of technical management experience, coordinating cross-functional teams, across multiple geographies.
Amazon is seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Alexa Smart Home Finance team. The successful candidate will leverage their technical and project management expertise to coordinate and deliver high visibility projects and customer insights. The team’s success depends on our ability to create actionable insight from the data that our customers generate: Alexa now works with over 145,000 compatible products, and customers have connected more than 100 million smart home devices to Alexa. Customers interact with your smart home devices every couple milliseconds, from controlling their connected homes to simplifying their daily routines. If you are interested in a role focused on building innovative in-home experiences for customers, surrounded by motivated and collaborative teammates, consider making your next move to Smart Home. Everything we do is focused on making the lives of our customers easier through experiences they couldn’t have imagined – and now can’t live without.
This role straddles Project Management and hands on Technical work. You will coordinate and help design, develop and implement dashboards and metrics to communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will also dive deep into data and drive analysis to influence business decisions. You are a highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment, with strong technical and project management skills. You will deliver accurate, timely and actionable insights in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are important as this role will liaise with multiple business partners, senior leaders and internal Finance teams.
The successful candidate will have high technical proficiency (e.g. SQL, ETL, Scripting, Big Data) along with a Project Management skillset.
Locations for this role include: Seattle, WA; Arlington, VA; New York, New York; the Los Angeles, CA area; or Sunnyvale, CA.
Key job responsibilities
- Coordinate and deliver customer analysis that drives organizational strategy.
- Partner with Business Intelligence teams across the organization to leverage data to deliver customer insights and deep dive on other initiatives.
- Partner with Data Engineering counterparts to develop the data pipeline and metric definitions.
- Partner with Economic teams to aggregate data for econometric models used to value business opportunities (e.g. new device features, engagement, customer segmentation)
- Design, develop and build: dashboards, self service solutions, visualization tools, finance reports.
- Present narrative-based status updates and recommendations to executives.
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience in AWS services: AWS Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, Glue, EC2, S3.
- Professional experience writing SQL with database technologies, such as: Oracle, Redshift, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- Hands on experience with scripting tools for automation: Python, Perl, Shell.
- Professional experience with business intelligence tools, such as: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Quicksight.
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis and communicating analysis through verbal or written communication.
- Experience designing and building data infrastructure/automated reporting tools.
- Experience working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
- Experience working within a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in ETL and Reporting tools in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free