Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Division of Health Care Management is seeking a Data Analyst Senior, the position will oversee the completion of requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks. Interacting, and working directly with users, peers, other technical staff, Agency management and other staff to fulfill data intelligence and reporting needs; to translate those data reporting needs and questions into technical specifications. This individual oversees the production of reports or views of the data based on the outlined and confirmed specifications. The Senior Analyst may also be asked to respond to requests for entities external to the Agency, and oversee and train other business analysts. This position has the potential to Telecommute based on the unit needs.
- Computer programming land methodologies
- Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence Tools
- Cognos Framework Manager, Reporting Studio, Query Studio, or Equivalent BI tool
- Technical knowledge of Agency data reporting programs, operations and dependencies
- Medicaid/Medicare care programs and services
- Health Care Industry including Managed Care
- Complete life cycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
- Complex JCL coding procedures (or other operating control language required by the environment)
- Developing and executing project work plans
- Verbal and written communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem solving
- Consult Senior Management on complex issues
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understand and respond to complex ambiguous issues and assignments
- Multi-task with quick turn around times and under pressure
- Model leadership characteristics, positive attitude and personal responsibility
- Any combination of training and Experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); typical ways KSAs are obtained may include but are not limited to: relevant degree from an accredited college or university, coursework and work experience relevant to the
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience in data analysis.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) – start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
- A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
- A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- A variety of learning and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
- Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
- Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
- Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
- Voluntary participation.
- Program administered through Nationwide.
- Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing [email protected].
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free