Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Austin, TX
Posted: Mar 30, 2022
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products and services. If you are a self- motivated and energetic person who is not afraid of challenges, we are looking for you! Apple is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Science & Analytics Organization for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and other services. This role will drive data engineering for large-scale data science and machine learning initiatives across the range of AMP products. AMP collaborates with executives and various partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: Our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through in-depth quantitative research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and other services.
- 5+ years of programming experience, preferably in Python.
- 5+ years of experience in working with large data sets and pipelines (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, HBase)
- 5+ years of SQL experience.
- 5+ years of experience with workflow scheduling / orchestration such as Airflow or Oozie.
- 3+ years of experience with schema design and data modeling.
- 2+ Spark experience
- Expert in code versioning and collaboration tools/repositories like GitHub
- BI/Reporting data workflow experience preferred – aggregated data sources, metric definition, data visualization with tools like Tableau
- Experience with container orchestration and deployment frameworks (eg. Kubernetes, Docker) preferred.
- Strong debugging, critical thinking, and technical design skills with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
Design, Build, and Implement generalized large-scale, sophisticated, and high-volume data pipelines for downstream analytics and data science. Define standard methodologies, tune and debug Spark jobs and data pipeline workflows Collaborate with engineering program managers, business teams, and data scientists to understand the business landscape in order to effectively design technical requirements and solutions Lead technical design of scalable and flexible data architectures Re-architect existing code bases transitioning to new technologies and frameworks Mentor data engineering team members on coding, architecture, and data engineering processes Lead collaboration with other engineering teams to adopt standard methodologies, drive scalability, and increase consistency across our systems
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or Ph.D. in a related field.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free