Job Location: Austin, TX
General Profile: Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Take a proactive approach to predicting and addressing issues before they occur as to not be reactive to issues
- Develops and applies quality standards in accordance with company and customer requirements. Develops and conducts related tests.
- Work closely with the Field Service and Installation team to address any customer concerns/complaints and provide weekly feedback regarding any improvements
- Develops methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or project proposals to derive the customer expected results
- Identifies and monitors immediate containment actions for field reported issues. Addresses customer escalations by investigating the issues, determining Root Cause, and driving 8D investigations as necessary.
- Reviews field startup non-conformances for completeness and assign ownership Partners with the Field Service Organization and Reginal Quality Teams to understand the VOC and take appropriate actions
- Leads and/or facilitates regular cross-functional team meetings by reviewing field non-conformances and assigning owners; initiates and monitors immediate containment actions and identify and monitor corrective actions.
- Recommends corrective action for procedural, product, or process deficiencies. Analyze operational data; Develop and implement recommendations. Participates in and may lead audits.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures, and policies. Tracks progress of qualification status, reviews reliability test results, determines disposition of non-compliant products.
- Utilizes drawings, specifications, industry standards, and inspection measuring devices and procedures when necessary. Read and interpret technical drawings and specification requirements.
- Develops customer facing 8D reports.
- Meets regularly with overseas customer account teams to ensure accurate and complete information delivered to the customer (average 3-4 times per month, early evenings).
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Able to analyze large datasets to prioritize focus areas, identify trends and correlations, and use the analysis to create and deliver effective presentations to colleagues and management. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, Tableau or Power BI proficiency is desired but not required.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Communicates objectively and dispassionately, recognizing both the need to communicate honestly while recognizing the need for discretion and the business impact of said communications.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Years of Experience:
4 – 7 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.