Job Location: Chantilly, VA
Arcfield Overview: Arcfield is a leading provider of full lifecycle, mission-focused systems engineering and integration capabilities to the U.S. government and its allies. The company has more than 60 years of proven experience providing advanced engineering and analysis, IT and C5ISR capabilities to support our nation’s most critical national security missions. Headquartered in Chantilly, VA and with 16 offices around the world, Arcfield employs approximately 1,200 engineers, analysts, IT specialists, and other professionals who put our customers’ missions first, helping them solve their most complex challenges through innovations in modeling, simulation and analysis, digital transformation and C5ISR. Visit arcfield.com for more details. Responsibilities:
Strongly Desired Skills:
Do you want to work on solving some of our nation’s most critical intelligence needs? Do you want to find a position that allows you to use your engineering, development, operations, and communication skills? Then we need YOU! An experienced SIGINT Systems Engineer, to help us guide new and existing SIGINT Mission Processing programs as they evolve to commercial trends like Agile development, Cloud migration, Automation techniques (AI/ML), and streamlined DevOps deployments to our users in operations. You will be a technical member of a dynamic systems engineering team that informs the Government Program Management Office of the successes and challenges of the SIGINT Mission Processing systems as well as provide recommendations for modifications and future evolutions.
This is an opportunity for you to build your experience with using the latest open source tools, trends, and techniques while supporting the mission of our Intelligence Community Customer. We are looking for someone to provide subject matter expertise and agile best practices to our team. You will perform the following functions as a SIGINT Mission Processing Systems Engineer, by using a holistic approach and providing end-to-end systems engineering throughout our systems’ lifecycle:
- Coordinate CONOPS of SIGINT mission processing systems
- Develop architecture products
- Write and translate requirements into Epics/Features based on emerging customer needs
- Understand system-to-system interfaces and act as an Integrator
- Evaluate system designs and trade-space proposed and implemented by our developers, while working in coordination with the acquisition offices (AOs)
- Assess performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures
- Monitor system and segment schedules, recognize dependencies
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Facilitate readiness, release planning events, and demonstrations in support of system and acquisition-level sprints and increments
- Review Request for Changes (RFCs) and identify impacts, in addition author RFCs for the customer
- Support Agile and DevOps automated test and verification (VV&T)
- Integrate new systems and initiatives in support of expanded SIGINT mission processing capabilities, work directly with our developers and users in operations!
- Participate in studies looking at the future generation of SIGINT capabilities spanning the next decade
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Clearance required: TS/SCI but must be able to obtain a Poly
- More than 4 years’ experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering/architecting
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
- Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials.
- Integration and closure experience within overall customer domain
- Willingness to learn new areas
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with overall SIGINT ground customer, technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more SIGINT systems.
- Ability to work for direct IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience identifying user needs and gaps, identifying potential solutions, and assessing/analyzing alternatives