Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Mumbai (All Areas)
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the worlds principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
- Be part of a fast-paced industry and organisation where time to market is critical
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
Roles and Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a junior data scientist with expertise in R and GitHub to join our growing Data Science team in Mumbai. You will work closely with our VP, Data Science and our global team to support the development of new products for analytics with a particular focus on Fertilisers.
- Conduct research on large complex data sets to uncover meaningful patterns in data, employing mathematical and computational techniques to clean, manipulate, organise and model data into actionable insights and results.
- Apply novel data science and statistical techniques to provide an unbiased and quantitative solution to critical business problems.
- Develop, structure and investigate your ideas by constructing hypotheses, testing them rigorously, conducting analyses, and finally presenting recommendations for improvement to current business processes.
- Communicate findings through impressive visuals and insightful statistics.
- Develop and maintain models with a focus on commodity prices dynamics.
- Write production-level code (clean, and well-documented code)
- Maintain documentation per company standards
Desired Candidate Profile
- Degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, engineering, computer science or related field.
- Experience with statistics, regression, time series and econometrics
- Experience in R and a passion for open source software
- Experience with exploratory data analysis and data visualisation
- Maker mindset and self-directed.
- Believe in the following Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training