Job Location: Bangalore
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience with Spring, MVC frameworks, REST/RPC API design and development
- Experience with Relational and No SQL Databases
- Experience with Big-data Analytics
- Practical experience writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
The Machine Learning (ML) team drives the scale out and adoption of ML across Amazon through easy-to-use platforms, end-to-end applications, breakthrough algorithms for Amazon problems, and broad dissemination of ML knowledge. Our engineers develop mission critical ML platforms to speed up model and workflow development, simplify data access, and include highly scalable data processing and learning algorithm implementations into their ML solutions. They work on end-to-end solutions consuming Amazon’s big data ecosystem, using cutting-edge AWS & ML technologies, edge ML and IOT to power automated decisions at scale in all parts of the company, including our eCommerce site and subsidiaries, Seller Services, Amazon Grocery and Digital Media.
If you are deeply technical, keen to work on state-of-the-art techniques, and long for the opportunity to build highly innovative solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people, then the ML team is for you! You will learn about ML techniques, big data, cloud computing and how to develop highly available distributed systems at Internet scale. You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
Key job responsibilities
· Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy ML platforms and applications that impact the Amazon business
· Own the delivery of an integral component of a system or application
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a dynamic environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Perl
· Familiarity with Linux