Job Location: Gurugram
About this role
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is uniquely positioned to address the industry’s risk management, portfolio construction and financial technology demands. The various business departments within BRS are focused on providing clients with highly scalable portfolio analytics & risk management, liability-driven investing & pension solutions, and regulatory advice & balance sheet strategy. BRS offers clients customized solutions powered by Aladdin, BlackRock’s proprietary risk management system.
The Aladdin Wealth team within BRS is bringing the same risk capabilities used by BlackRock’s investment teams and sophisticated institutional clients worldwide to the wealth management industry and retail investors, equipping clients with model construction capabilities, risk monitoring tools, and portfolio construction & analytics. Aladdin Wealth partners with clients to help them lead their enterprise risk, building better portfolios, improving their value proposition and institutionalizing their investment process.
The Analyst will join the Clients Strategy team in Mumbai under Aladdin Wealth. You will be an integral part of the team and take responsibility for servicing our clients across a range of activities including analytics support, product management, and implementation of Aladdin capabilities.
- Work with the global Aladdin Wealth team to help drive alignment between the Aladdin Wealth offering and client analytics needs
- Assist in the production and development of Aladdin tools and support client implementations
- Lead technology initiatives with in the team helping achieve scalability and efficiency in the team’s operations
- Work towards becoming a guide on risk analytics and aim to have a basic understanding of major asset classes.
- B. tech/ B.E. with 1-2 years of work experience in technical domain
- Knowledge of SQL and UNIX
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A passion to learn about financial markets and products
- Good Spoken and Written Communication skills, should be able to converse freely with global counterparts
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions, and implement change
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy & has an eye for detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Enjoys a dynamic, high-intensity environment
- Able to self-study and motivate and learn new concepts with minimal mentorship
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environment across several time zones
- Flexibility in shift timings
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.