Job Location: Chennai
- Lead Analyst FM&A FMA provides business, financial, and/or systems analysis and reporting support for Finance and Inform to Manage Processes.
- The Lead analyst is accountable to deliver basic analytics and reporting support for their assigned corporate, line of business, sector, shared service, region, country, or legal entity team.
- S/he plays an integral role providing support for the development of period end commentary, variance analysis, and reporting; supporting KPI metrics tracking and scorecard reporting, providing capital planning, project planning, and budget management support, in addition to a wide range of planned periodic and unplanned delivery to ad hoc requests as assigned.
- Under the supervision of his/her supervisor, the individual in this role will work independently to accomplish his/her own assigned workload and collaboratively with other members of his/ her Finance or cross functional team in compliance with the approved process standards at the agreed service levels committed to in the Mutual Service Agreements.
- The Lead analyst may be called upon to contribute to or perform analysis of financial transactions, budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, and industry/competitor outcomes and trends.
- S/he may provide analytical support to activities such as audits, the fulfillment of ad hoc requests, and other special projects as assigned.
- In addition to ad hoc requests and special project assignments, the Lead analyst might be called on to perform or assist in the analysis of: Financial performance, e.g. actual revenues and expenses vs. forecasted/planned revenues and expenses Decision support for a prospective business opportunity or new product offerings Competitive performance, e.g. key performance indicators for BNYM as compared to its competition Profitability analysis of products offered and customers served Comparative analytics, period to period Variances in connection with the close.
- Consolidation of financial statements/metrics.