Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open-up new opportunities. As an aspiring data scientist, you know you can help turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors – from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence – you see data scientists turning data into actions and you want to be part of the team.
We have an opportunity for you to develop your analytical skills and establish your career in data science. You’ll join a rigorous training program that combines skills assessments, a comprehensive curriculum, functional mentorship, a capstone analytic challenge, and support to place you on your first data science project. You’ll learn how to write scripts to integrate data, conduct exploratory data analysis to discover hidden trends, apply machine learning to train predictive models, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers that inform decisions. Equipped with the foundational data science skills to accelerate your career, you’ll join a team and apply those skills to support our clients’ critical national security missions. Embrace the challenge and join us in driving change through data science. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with querying or analyzing data to answer questions and solve problems
- Experience with visualizing data to identify or communicate key insights
- Knowledge of basic concepts in mathematics and statistics
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Python or GitHub in Data Science
- Experience with data visualization tools, including Tableau, Qlik, and Power BI
- Ability to learn a programming language
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to pursue a career in data science
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, or CS
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
The salary for this position will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 55,000 to 85,000.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.