Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Framingham, MA
You know the moment. It’s the first notes of that song you love, the intro to your favorite movie, or simply the sound of someone you love saying “hello.” It’s in these moments that sound matters most.
At Bose, we believe sound is the most powerful force on earth. And we’ve dedicated ourselves to improving it for nearly 60 years. Ever since our founder, Dr. Amar Bose, bought a stereo system and thought, “I can make this better,” we’ve been relentlessly pushing forward to the next best thing.
Innovation is more than what we do. It’s who we are — constantly learning and constantly curious. We never stop imagining what better sound sounds like. We’re music fanatics and audio engineers. We’re explorers and inventors and dreamers. And we’re passionate down to our bones about making whatever you’re listening to a little more magical.
We’re looking for students to join our Internship Program who are obsessively curious about ‘what’s next’. You’ll get hands on experience with our products and learn from the best of the best in the business. You will complete a specific project in 10-12 weeks with us, while integrating into your team. By the time you end your time with us, you will have been given the opportunity to truly make a real impact in the future of Bose and your career!
Opportunities don’t stop at your day-to-day work. While you’re getting a targeted look at your area of expertise, we’ll expose you to other areas of the company. Our interns are given the opportunity to connect with senior leadership across the business to understand different perspectives at Bose. You’ll network with other interns and colleagues to grow your network for the future!
Timeframe – June-August 2023
The Data and Analytics Center of Excellence is looking for a summer intern to apply their data science knowledge to real-world challenges. In this role, you will be responsible for creating predictive models to analyze structured and unstructured data with a focus on Natural Language Processing (NLP). You will apply your knowledge of statistics, data science, and your willingness to write functional code to explore problems and uncover patterns in data.
Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Explore large datasets using modeling, analysis, and visualization techniques. Transform the results into insights and recommendations.
- Engage with business partners and stakeholders to understand their challenges.
- Contribute to the end-to-end development of predictive and prescriptive models for marketing, sales, finance, supply chain, and other business applications.
- Apply Frequentist and Bayesian inference methodologies to experimental and observational data.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Information Science, etc.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Developing expertise in analytics, BI, statistics, data science, or a related area.
- Two years of experience with SQL, Python, pandas, and scikit-learn.
- Experience fitting and evaluating classical ML models (Logistic Regression, random forests, multi-layer Perceptron, etc.).
- Proven data science experience via an internship, work experience, competitions, etc.
- Prior NLP experience.
- Knowledge of deep learning basics.
- Experience with Snowflake and PowerBI.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.