Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Chicago, IL
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Knowledge Analyst (KA) within BCG’s Consumer Practice Area Knowledge Team, you will work in a growing global team, providing industry and functional expertise in Climate & Sustainability topics whilst working together with case and proposal teams to provide knowledge assets, analysis and expert advisory. You’ll serve as a thought partner to build content with case teams and topic/sector leaders, helping structure and solve complex issues.
BCG’s Knowledge Team members have the opportunity to be staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. Additionally, you will support the PA’s business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.
You will also help develop new intellectual property and knowledge assets, work on commercialization efforts In CPG C&S, in conjunction with business leaders. You will support marketing efforts, including conference event presentations and publications. As a Knowledge Analyst, you will support and guide consulting staff in selecting the right research approaches, tools and analyses; assist case teams in navigating the Knowledge network and in connecting with relevant materials and people. We are seeking a candidate experienced with the evolving digital tools and capabilities and how they can drive supply chain and manufacturing performance at our clients
The candidate is expected to have knowledge in at least one or two from the following topics:
- Food and agriculture linked sustainability, knowledge of soil management and role of food production systems on the ecosystem
- Sustainable food systems, Water & waste management, Biodiversity and Nature based solutions Including regenerative agriculture practices
- Sustainable supply chain: purchasing & supply management manufacturing operations, green supply chain transformation Including Circular Economy & Recycling
- Sustainable growth: Portfolio strategy, product innovation, green business development
BCG’s Consumer Practice is one of the firm’s largest industry practice areas and keeps growing continuously across all regions. BCG’s Consumer practice creates breakthrough innovations for clients in the four sectors: consumer goods, retail, fashion & luxury and travel & tourism.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
The ideal candidate will have passion for the Consumer Products sector and enjoy working across multiple cases and stakeholders. Key personal attributes that are required to be successful in the role are:
- Ability to work autonomously and with a strong entrepreneurial thinking spirit. The candidate will need to develop a strong business-building focus to operate/influence effectively stakeholders in an international matrix organization and identify where the Knowledge Team can be involved to better support case teams
- Codifying knowledge and maintaining assets, benchmarks and tools for the Consumer Products Operations topic based on different client contexts
- Consulting skills and approach will be key to succeed in the role when supporting case teams
- Solving client problems through formulating relevant research and/or analytical approaches to solving Consumer Products Climate & Sustainability focused challenges
- Communicating with senior stakeholders, in a credible and confident way
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
- Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity; fast learner
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- At least 1 year of consulting experience in relevant CPG and/or Food/Agriculture space in Climate and Sustainability topics; candidates with consulting experience preferred (ideally focused on CPG companies)
- In lieu of consulting experience, 1-2 years minimum industry experience required. Prior experience in a food and beverage, beauty, other consumer goods organization in similar roles will be preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required (advanced degree preferred)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, utilizing data to reach conclusions (Excel, Alteryx/Tableau, and/or other digital tools
- Experience with business intelligence solutions for data analysis, visualization, cost modelling, and reporting
- Fluency in English; other languages requested in certain locations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment
YOU’LL WORK WITH
As a Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers.
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG’s Knowledge Team members support cases through deep project engagement or even staffing and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PA’s business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.