Job Location: Maple Grove, MN
Engineer, Principal Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Vision Job
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Maple Grove, MN, US, 55311
Additional Location(s): N/A
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
Boston Scientific has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software/Vision System Engineer. As part of the Artificial Intelligence team, your work will include design and implementation of Vision system solutions for the manufacturing of Boston’s life changing products.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design Vision systems including specifying cameras, lighting and lensing requirements
- Provides leadership role on championing functional best practices and new technology initiatives
- Influences and defines functional, departmental and divisional procedures through involvement with cross-functional engineering initiatives
- Participates on project teams to develop clear specifications, evaluates feasibility of concepts and provides formal estimates for vision system designs
- Leads project teams that include Designers, Engineers and Technicians in the design, assembly and debug of equipment
- Integrates machine vision systems into a PC or PLC based system
- Communicate costs and project status to project lead
- Collect and analyze inspection results to prove robustness of vision system changes
- Complete project deliverables and monitor project schedule and scope changes to assure team can meet delivery requirements
- Completes FDA/QSR software requirements by assisting in the creation of specifications and qualifications of equipment
- Provides training as required to ensure that the software/vision solutions can be operated effectively
- Troubleshoot machine vision and controls systems using pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Create supporting design documentation
What We’re Looking For In You:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field required
- 10+ years software development, vision System design and automation system design experience
- Experience (proficient user) with Cognex (V-Pro, Insight, ViDi) and Keyence systems/components
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment
- .net programming experience
Requisition ID: 529978
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology