Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Indraprasth
Who You Are / Your Next Challenge
Are you a DevOps enthusiast looking to take the next step in your career at a company where you can make a meaningful contribution? This role is made for you.
We are looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to join our fast-paced and growing cyber security company. A snapshot of the key day to day duties you will be responsible for delivering in this role include:
- Working on industry-leading products, delivering new features and tooling for the development and SOC teams.
- Developing infrastructure through reusable code with automated tooling and tests
- Using metrics and monitoring data to ensure performance and reliability.
- Collaborating with colleagues to resolve engineering problems and incidents.
You as the successful candidate will have experience with Docker and Kubernetes, and be passionate about automation and security.
We offer a dynamic work environment and opportunities for growth within the company. If you are a self-starter with a passion for DevOps and security, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Support new and existing SIEM customers (e.g. onboarding, upgrades, etc.)
- 1st line Investigation and troubleshooting for the SIEM service
- Perform routine compliance-based tasks for the data platform
- Monitoring metrics for the SIEM service
- 1st line Investigation and troubleshooting for VMs, VCS, hosted appliances, web servers and apps deployed in multiple Kubernetes clusters
- Assisting development team with deployments and building required infrastructure for app environments (e.g. dev, staging and production)
- Monitoring internal and external app metrics
- Participating in the weekly on-call rotations
- Working with your peers, help to identify, resolve and report on incidents
Documentation and research
- Contribute to internal documentation
- Peer review documents created by the team and QA external documents
- SOC team: onboarding and log ingestion related issues
- Dev team: deployments, troubleshooting infra/app issues and Kubernetes cluster access
- Technical pre-sales: assist with technical questions regarding onboarding requirements from customers
- Information Security: assist with compliance audits (e.g. ISO27001 ISO9001, PCI) to provide evidence of compliance
- Customer success: helping keep customers up to date with issue progress and status (e.g. tickets and status page)
- Perform troubleshooting
- Train internal stakeholders on the use of tools and dashboards
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing/patching software updates and ‘fixes’
What we’re looking for / Skills that will help you in the role*
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers
- Recent prior experience of Docker and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration experience using Gitlab/GitHub
- Ability to use metrics and monitoring data to ensure performance and reliability (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana and PagerDuty)
- Able to perform duties with a broad latitude for judgement and problem solving
- Good at collaborating with colleagues to resolve engineering problems and incidents
- Resilient to change, adapting to and supporting new situations with confidence.
- Solution-focused approach to resolve engineering problems and incidents and the ability to make objective / evidence based decisions using insights.
- Developing infrastructure through reusable code with automated tooling and tests (e.g. Terraform and Ansible)
- ELK stack experience
- Experience in cyber security (e.g. SIEM, penetration testing)
- Can use Shell scripting languages, including BASH for Linux and Mac platforms and PowerShell for Windows systems
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take on a fundamental role within the Development team, who is keen to get involved in multiple tasks within an established growing international organisation, and provides amazing scope for both strategic and operational self-development.
What you get in return:**
- 21 days privilege leave
- An additional day’s annual holiday for your birthday;
- Provident Fund
- Subsidized gym membership;
- Perkbox employee benefits platform;
- Frequent team events;
- Relaxed working environment;
- Private Healthcare (individual cover only);
- Additional Learning Allowance Benefit – a reimbursable benefit of £100 per annum (or equivalent) for you to spend towards your personal career development;
- Flexible working policy.
Defense.com is transforming the way businesses manage cyber security by allowing them to easily identify, manage and prioritize threats. We’re proud to have launched the worlds’ first cyber security Software as a Service platform that combines best of breed security tools with real human security expertise. Through our SaaS platform we puts all your threats in one place, no matter where they come from. Pen test vulnerabilities, SIEM alerts, training exam scores and phishing results combine to give a complete view of your threat landscape.
Each threat comes with actionable remediation advice and is automatically generated, prioritised and tracked, giving you the facts you need to quickly take the most effective actions to strengthen your security.
We help to simplify and solve the cyber security challenges facing organisations, allowing teams to protect their brand and assets against today’s evolving threat landscape. Businesses of all sizes rely on our solutions to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats.
By combining world-class security technology with support from our experienced consultants, we’re empowering organizations to grow with confidence and significantly reduce the risk of cyberattacks.
If the role sounds like you, we invite you to upload a copy of your CV by clicking on the Apply button.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process a criminal records check will be carried out by an authorised third party.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies; any submission of resumes without prior request / engagement from Defense.com will not be deemed as an introduction and therefore will not warrant an introduction fee.