Job Location: Remote
Join our Winning Team as a Senior Data Analyst
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. And just announced, the return of the 4-day work week from Memorial Day through Labor Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
Job Description – Senior Data Analyst
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be working with the Data Science Manager on high-value data projects across multiple departments. You will be working on complex research and analysis, requiring strategic thinking and strong problem-solving skills, while working cross-functionally across multiple departments and as part of a team.
As a Senior Data Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and improving established, advanced machine learning processes on data mining
- Providing actionable ad hoc analytics insights for internal stakeholders
- Designing and building recurring reports for internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Identifying and implementing ways to supercharge data quality and data integrity
- Using advanced analytical methods to explore and extract additional data value for existing and emerging products
- Documenting analysis results and presenting value to stakeholders
- Creating reusable processes to assist data evaluation and analysis across teams within the Data Services department
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 3-5 years of direct experience performing advanced data analytics or a Master’s Degree in Statistics, Data Analytics or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in SQL and R
- Strong grasp of statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, GLM, etc.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing projects
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis and insights to all levels of the organization
- A passion for continuous learning
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
New CARFAX employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based positions. On your first day of employment with CARFAX you will be required to upload your vaccination card into our HR system. If hired, HR will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on an individualized basis.