Job Location: New York, NY
Associate, Product Development
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education; if you’re interested in being part of that journey, keep reading!
The Noodle Learning Platform (NLP) is an exciting chapter in Noodle’s story: it’s our first-ever direct to consumer (and corporate employee) product. NLP offers our extensive network of top universities a clear pathway to compete in the lifelong learning and corporate upskilling markets. We partner with universities to modernize their educational offerings to meet the demands of the modern student and job market.
- How does NLP serve universities?
- Strategically, NLP enables our university partners to enter the non-degree space every time they launch a degree program. This drastically widens the potential candidate pool for said programs, and lowers student acquisition cost by reducing their reliance on traditional paid media channels that are increasingly competitive and expensive.
- How does NLP serve students?
- There’s no shortage of instructional content on the internet— but as a learner, how do you find the right content that matches your career aspirations? NLP enables learners to centralize their discovery and actual knowledge acquisition in one place. Learners can discover the best pathways for their career aspirations, as well as obtain that learning, in a more socially engaging, expert-supported, and accessible way than anything else in the market.
- How does NLP serve Noodle’s overall mission?
- NLP will help lower the cost of acquisition for our university partners across the board, which clearly aligns with our mission of lowering the cost of higher education.
About the Role:
As a Product Development Associate you will ensure we deliver excellent, innovative products to our end users across our portfolio. You will lead implementation against our product roadmap by empathizing with stakeholders and end users to deeply understand their pain points and needs, identifying opportunities and then crafting well-designed requirements that development resources can execute against. You will provide clear timelines and priorities to development resources to ensure they are working towards the highest impact features and that releases are shipped on time.
As the Associate, Product Development, you will:
- Create and run the processes necessary to to support the product team’s business growth via KPIs
- Execute Agile Delivery principles & practices and comfortable leading sprint ceremonies (e.g. story review, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and demos)
- Break down complex business and technical issues into easily digestible requirements for stakeholder, product, design, and development teams.
- Facilitate discussions to gather requirements from stakeholders, customers, and software development teams.
- Join forces with the Support and the Implementation teams to document procedures for customer support, issue resolution, and to decrease implementation time.
- Present all relative updates in team meetings
- Partner cross functionally and track work product and deadlines
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure all deadlines are met
- Responsible for organizing, analyze and report cost breakdowns
- Assist team with market research for sourcing and procurement
- Implement product roadmap
- Manage cross-functional development team to deliver on time and within budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience in technology, preferably in Education Technology
- Experience in storyboarding, low fidelity wireframes, and UX/UI with mobile-first design in mind
- Comfort interfacing with the product, development, and data teams to produce concepts, features, and interactions for digital products
- Familiarity with industry-standard tools necessary to do your job
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Proven track record working in agile methodologies to manage product development with the software development team
- Excellent independent problem-solving skills and strategic thinking; ability to make data-driven decisions and work through ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don’t think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential
Meet the team!
- Work from our beautiful NYC office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave
- Monthly Gym stipend and Membership to premium medical services like Eden Health
- Monthly mobile connectivity stipend
- Access to mental health services like Ginger and Talkspace
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth – we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Noodle won Built In NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies, and Best Perks & Benefits 2021, and 2022 and was named one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC in 2021.