Job Location: Remote
We are looking for a Data Scientist who has experience with large-scale simulation analysis and sensitivity analysis, and has the context and insight into how the decentralized finance industry works. We want someone who strongly believes that blockchains, smart contracts and Web3 are the future.
- Research and summarize the best practices of decentralized finance, application protocol design and community development
- Actively lead and conceptualize different approaches to token economic design, incentive mechanisms, and protocol structure by understanding the latest developments
- Build effective databases, network modeling, simulation systems, and synthesizing insights / learnings into comprehensive research reports for delivery to the executive team
- Design, develop, and maintain internal systems, databases, and feedback loops to perform routine and repeatable Byzantine and agent-based simulations to directly inform design of protocol’s evolving monetary policy system
- Translate output from simulation exercises into action, informing financial forecasts, planning, and budgeting
- Masters and/or PhD in Statistics, Economics or Econometrics
- Solid understanding of current state of crypto-economics, and blockchain technologies generally
- Technically-fluent data scientist with a mature interest in decentralized applications and smart contracts
- Deep interest and passion about the future of blockchain technology, web3, and low-level protocol development
- Experience working in start-ups and/or hyper-growth companies
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and self-hosted runners in particular.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. While this role is mainly focused on maintenance, we would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services under your purview.
BigQuery, Postgres, Airflow
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.