Job Location: Tonopah, AZ
Date: Apr 7, 2022
Location: TONOPAH, AZ, US, 85354
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
Data Scientist IT Business Intelligence Analyst I/II – Partners with business and APS managers to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Focuses on design and support of business intelligence (“BI”) applications and architecture. Solves technical problems and optimizes performance of business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index.
Works closely with, subject matter experts, project and program managers, architects, data engineers, partners and vendors to turn data into critical information and insights to make sound business decisions. Able to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment with focus on collaboration and customer satisfaction. The Data Scientist should have creative thinking, strong analytical skills, innovative and curious mindset and excellent organizational and communication skills.
IT Business Intelligence Analyst I
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related field and 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Requires working technical knowledge gained through experience within a job area or system
IT Business Intelligence Analyst II
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Requires strong technical knowledge within a job area or system and basic knowledge across related technical areas
1) Maintains the quality of metadata repository by adding, modifying, and deleting data
2) Monitors and assists with processes and controls that maintain data integrity
3) Participates in planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
4) Works with internal clients and IT partners to gather requirements
5) Develops and writes business requirements for the design of solutions
6) May determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports
7) Assists in the development of end user training materials
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (‘Pinnacle West’) maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
- APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
- Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
- Employees in Flex roles are required to reside in Arizona (or NM for Four Corners-based employees). Role types are subject to change based on business need.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Nuclear, Sustainability, Energy