Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
We’re seeking breakthrough makers! Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was built on the belief that we can change lives. Today, in every role throughout our hospital, research institute and care network, the 22,000 members of our workforce are finding new ways – big and small – to make a difference for the patients and families we serve.
- Serve as the technical lead for emerging health data science projects, such as mobile health, and participate in the development of the mobile health methodologies
- Develop scalable and innovative approaches to processing and analyzing data from mobile health devices
- Develop and apply methods for big data to reveal patterns, trends, and associations in health care data
- Implement computational algorithms and experiments for test and evaluation; interprets data to assess algorithm performance.
- Lead the formulation of analysis plans that meet stringent criteria for reproducibility and measures of significance.
- Lead the development of high-quality code implementing models and algorithms as application programming interfaces or other service-oriented software implementations.
- Communicate and educate a varied audience of clinicians, scientists, analysts, and programmers on research methods, implementation, and results.
- Serve as the scientific lead in collaborative development with the applications research group to translate models and algorithms into engineered production applications.
- Mentor junior staff, student workers, co-ops, and research trainees (fellows, post-docs).
- Contribute to manuscript writing for results publication, authors abstracts, and presents at professional conferences.
- Manage large, complex projects and take responsibility for major components of larger research initiatives; assign work to junior staff, identifying, tracking, and reporting on tasks and deliverables against project timelines.
Required Education: Masters Degree
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Doctorate in Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Certificate in Analytics, Statistics, or Data Science
- At least six (6) or more years of experience with progressively more complex data science, applied statistics, machine learning, or mathematical modeling projects
- Experience and demonstrated ability acquiring new technical/analytic skills and domain knowledge to support successful contribution to research and development projects is required.
- Experience formulating or contributing to the formulation of analysis plans and selection of appropriate methods.
- Experience using existing machine learning and analytic tools such as ScikitLearn, Weka, R, and Mathematica in either applied educational or professional projects is required.
- Experience writing code in either applied educational or professional projects using one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java is required.
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity RESTful web services application programming interfaces preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts to a lay audience.
- Applied statistics or mathematical modeling experience preferred.
- Natural language processing experience particularly in the biological and medical domains preferred.
- Experience using distributed computing technologies (e.g. Akka, MapReduce, Cuda) preferred.
- Familiarity with graph, key value, and document data stores (e.g. Neo4j, Hadoop, MongoDB) preferred.
- Experience creating informative visualizations for complex, high dimensional data preferred.
- Experience with probabilistic graphical models, time series predictive models, Markov models preferred.
EEO / VEVRAA Federal Contractor