Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Citi Analytics & Information Management team is a global community that objectively connects and analyzes information, to create actionable intelligence for our business leaders. The Anti Money Laundering (AML) – Independent Validation (IV) analyst (C10) will be a part of AIM, based in Bangalore and reporting into the AVP / VP leading the team.
The IV analyst will have the responsibility to conduct Independent Validation on AML Scenario validation, complex statistical analysis, data visualizations, data processing based on the globally consistent standard, procedures and templates which incorporate, regulatory guidelines (OCC 2011-12), the Bank’s Model Risk Management Policy and framework and industry leading practices. The successful candidate is expected to execute with a high level of integrity, quality, and attention to detail in both the work performed and its documentation, and present findings in a clear, understandable manner both in writing and verbally
Requirements include a background in statistics and/or mathematics, preferably also experience with data analysis and/or data mining. Fluency in English and very good oral and written communication skills are necessary as is the ability to read and create formal statistical documentation. Experience and knowledge in banking, finance and/or AML will be desirable
- Perform Independent Validation of AML Scenarios, KPI reports (Threshold Settings, Segmentations, Random Client Analysis), AML Cards Scenarios etc., within the agreed schedule and ensure execution follows the AML Global Methodology and complies with Governance policy, guidelines, and OCC requirements.
- Apply statistical methods to organize, analyze, and interpret data to perform validations
- Ability to present the report / recommendation to the sponsors and stakeholders regarding the validation outcomes
- Provide data pulls and reports directly from Oracle Database and EAP. Write efficient SQL and PL / SQL queries in complex very Large-Scale database environment. Monitor time and capacity used during query execution, design efficient query execution plans
- Provide technical support to the team by implementing automation tools wherever deemed necessary.
- Evaluate validation assumption, data completeness, limitations, conceptual soundness, functional soundness, methodology, outcome analysis, etc. of scenarios / tools being validated
- Prepare validation reports in a detailed, structured, and clear manner, describing the outcomes of the analysis performed and include a conclusion based on the validation
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers
- Conduct annual validation performance assessments to ensure existing scenarios / tools are working as intended and meet the criteria and /or make improvement recommendations
- Perform above the Line testing to identify the potential issues with thresholds used in the transaction monitoring.
- Ensure Data Quality and Reliability
- 3 – 5 Yrs. Experience in Analytics Industry
- Previous experience with Financial Services companies (Retail banking, Corporate banking, Commercial banking, Private banking)
- Mantas and AML monitoring systems experience, or any other AML Transaction monitoring system is a plus. Any additional certification (ACAMS) or courses related to AML is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS, SQL, Hive, Python, PySpark, Impala, Excel & VBA
- Good knowledge of Big Data / Hadoop architecture
- Basic knowledge of Segmentation, Clustering as a technique in case of statistically driven analyses conducted over the data (good to have)
- Good Statistics and Data Analytics academic background and knowledge of quantitative methods
- Statistical Model lifecycle and knowledge about some basic traditional models like Linear, Logistic, Time-series etc., (good to have)
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls
- Understanding of technical requirements and ability to communicate with Technical Support
- Very good written and verbal communication. Ability to express thoughts and concepts clearly.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and to show team-player attitude regardless the scope of responsibilities.
- Provide input into the innovation of new and enhanced approaches. Having initiative and a proactive attitude is desirable.
- Ability to work under close supervision of senior team member, while preserving independence of thinking and responsibility for the results.
- Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and opinions; ability of giving comprehensive answers and arguments
- Conceptual and creative thinking (outside the box)
- Self-motivated with high desire of self-development and learning
- Must be able to coordinate and deal with conflicting time demands
- Masters in a numerate subject such as Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting