Job Location: Seattle, WA
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our City what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization’s workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle’s complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-in-Class digital services delivery team and set best practices for others to follow.
As a member of the Seattle IT Service Desk support team, you will act as the main focal point for the IT Service Desk and provide tier one technical support with a high level of customer satisfaction to citywide employees. The Service Desk Analyst provides support for technical incident resolution and requests reported to the service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, documentation, research, and resolution of incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or client infrastructure components. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for creating a positive customer support experience and building strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude.
- Answer incoming calls with a professional and positive attitude.
- Responsible for analyzing, documenting, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents and requests regarding use of end user devices, applications, and related technology.
- Provide in-depth technical support and escalation including but not limited to the following products: Microsoft Operating Systems from Windows 7/10 onwards, Microsoft Office suite applications from Office 2016/O365 onwards and internal and third-party applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft MFA, Azure Portal, Teams and Cisco Webex.
- Provision, maintain, and remove security privileges for users of systems.
- Work as part of the Service Desk team to monitor the call queue, process incoming incidents and requests, responding to queries as appropriate in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all customer requests are recorded accurately from identification through resolution with a high level of detail using the service management ticketing software; all actions undertaken to resolve or escalate these requests will be recorded accordingly.
- Grow general knowledge of current environment and facility-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Serve as a single point of contact for reported technical issues.
- Using remote access tools, detect, diagnose and where possible resolve a high level of customer issues and service requests remotely therefore increasing efficiency and reducing the requirement for escalation.
- Collaborate with internal IT staff to investigate issues, ensure incidents are resolved and requests are filled.
- At all times, deal with customers and colleagues in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner; this may include diffusing stressful situations where conflict and unreasonable demands require diplomacy.
- Document and update/maintain current documentation on Service Desk processes and procedures; create and maintain technical documentation as needed.
- Contribute to continual process improvement activities by identifying training opportunities, improvement opportunities with the process, and modifications for the tools used.
- Adhere to and support established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a level of awareness with regards to current IT technologies including future developments and changes in the industry.
- The Seattle IT Service Desk operates during core business hours of 6am to 8pm, Monday through Friday; shifts for this position will be scheduled during these hours.
- Perform varied job tasks commensurate with the IT Systems Analyst level.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Service/Support, Service Desk, Desktop Support or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with many customers and competing priorities.
- Stellar customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook.
- Proficiency in typing 40+ words/minute with accuracy.
Most competitive candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Extensive experience providing end user technical support within a Service Desk for a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Experience utilizing IT Service Management application (ticketing software);
- Advanced user level knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows 7 (or higher) operating systems.
- Advanced user level knowledge and troubleshooting of Microsoft O365/2016 (or higher);
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies;
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast pace environment;
- Experience with ITIL best practices.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and maintain logical processes;
- Demonstrable attention to detail;
- Ability to document work accurately;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Communication and Relationship Skills:
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with different skills and needs;
- Customer focused.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigations, including a Seattle Police Department criminal history check that includes fingerprinting.
NOTE: This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit; International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 17.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees. For more information go to this Benefits at a Glance Guide – “Benefits at a Glance Guide”.
COVID VACCINE MANDATE
All City of Seattle employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Failure to submit proof of vaccination or qualify for a reasonable accommodation will result in withdrawal of the job offer.
Workplace Environment (Telework Expectation):
Most work is performed in a normal City work/office environment; however, due to the ongoing pandemic and Covid-19 state and local restrictions, hybrid telework/office/field assignment work will be available. This is subject to change and as circumstances dictate. We continue to seek guidance from local public health agencies and will proceed accordingly with any necessary changed or needs regarding “workplace location” expectations.
How to Apply: Please submit your application and upload a copy of your resume and cover letter to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/