Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Summary – Technical Director
CSX is transforming the rail industry through innovative approaches to advanced data analytics. We are looking for a Technical Director that is passionate about leading teams within the data science, operations research, data engineering, and business intelligence spaces to drive solutions that enhance our business. The Technical Director serves as the Information Technology (IT) high-level client contact, consulting with executives and departmental leaders in the analysis of strategic business requirements and recommending technical solutions that support multiple strategic initiatives. This person will oversee completion of POCs, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and/or implementation of new or revised applications, programs, upgrades and processes. They will be responsible for leveraging cloud resources to advance and scale our data science capabilities. The Technical Director will manage departmental personnel, budget, and resources including financial responsibility for projects within span of control. Applicants will be required to engage in ongoing background checks through the duration of this position with continued passing results.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Live the One-CSX Team culture, values and leadership principles every day.
- Coach your team to drive business engagement, accelerate delivery, and achieve customer outcomes.
- Lead your team to become trusted advisors to customers and partners by anticipating trends and proactively providing data driven insight and solutions.
- Interface with key executives and business partners to define the strategic direction of departmental efforts.
- Leverage strong understanding of transportation/railroad concepts and data points to drive new solutions or improve existing processes.
- Drive critical decisions and issue resolution.
- Review and evaluate staff performance.
- Research and recommend process improvements to resolve issues and improve service delivery.
- Develop and maintain work plans and project timelines.
- Manage budget and resources.
- Organize, direct, and work with teams of highly skilled individuals to identify problems, evaluate solutions, and monitor their effect on complex systems.
- Compile disparate information, form logical conclusions and present the information in a cohesive, intelligible manner.
- Serve as an agent for process and procedural changes, including managing the cultural/organizational impact of those changes.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree/4-year Degree
- 7 or more years of experience in managing or leading Transportation/Logistics/Rail projects
- 7 or more years of supervisory experience
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- 10 or more years of experience in managing or leading IT projects
- 10 or more years of supervisory experience
- Graduate Degree
- 10 or more years of experience in managing or leading Transportation/Logistics/Rail projects.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure data science and machine learning services.
- Experience applying advanced machine learning to large scale, modeling problems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and their application.
- Computer Programming skills and willingness to learn new technologies
- Systems documentation skills (requirements and technical design)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and peers (both written and orally).
- Experience architecting, designing and programming solution in Public / Private / Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Experience leading solutions that require highly available, large-scale enterprise impact.
- Experience architecting highly available, large-scale enterprise applications in Data science/Machine Learning/AI.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Looker
- Experience working with transportation/railroad concepts, data points, and opportunities to leverage data.
The CSX Leadership Model is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following: producing results, creating change, and inspiring excellence. #DICE
- Different shifts as assigned in a 24 hour/7 days a week operation (incl working weekends)
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)