Job Location: Chicago, IL
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About the Role
Data Science is the driver for our future at CARS. The team aims to build explainable algorithmic systems that help us solve business problems, create new opportunities and democratize intelligence for everyone while ensuring data ethics as the highest priority.
We are looking for a data scientist who has a passion for applying statistical methods in solving business problems. This individual will work with Data Scientists/Engineers, Product Managers & Designers, Analytics and Industry researchers, and will be responsible for building creative solutions that the auto-industry is facing today and the ones that aren’t even discovered yet.
As we look to engage consumers in their car-shopping journey, we aspire to learn consumer behavior and its effect on the auto industry in general. To that end, the candidate will build econometric and machine learning models for causal inference and prediction and apply economic theory to solve business problems.
An ideal candidate should have business acumen, technical skills in quant and programming, and should be able to communicate effectively to a diverse audience.
What will you do?
- Develop state-of-the-art methodologies for research problems that have high business impact, including areas of statistical and causal inference, econometrics, etc.
- Work to help shape how CARS approaches issues related to pricing, measurement of Ad effectiveness and incrementality etc.
- Collaborate with market research, communications and product teams on data visualization methods and use it to explain trends in auto industry
- Design ML models to predict user behaviors and implement experiments to measure their impact on key product outcomes
- Experience in deploying models to production and/or experimentation
- Mentor fellow data scientists and folks across the company, who needs mentorship in leadership and technical skills
- Advanced degree in Economics, Statistics or related field
- Expertise with at least one programming language in either R or Python and SQL
- Ability to do data analysis, reporting & visualization (Tableau, D3, etc.) at scale
- Deep expertise in
- applied forecasting models (econometric time series models, tree-based methods, etc.)
- building interpretable models
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
What you will love about the job?
- We optimize for a healthy team not only for a highly performing team. In this role you’ll interact with a diverse group of folks from Product, Software Engineering, Data and Business teams.
- All CARS employees are encouraged to bring their whole, authentic self to work every day, including their talents, passions, and unique ideas.
- You’ll be working with some of the brightest minds of the industry.
- Double bonus if you like talking about cars. We do too.
This job posting is inclusive of multiple levels within our Data Science Team. Based on your background, expertise and interests, we will assess and consider you for a senior, staff or principal level role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.