Job Location: Naperville, IL
DeVry University strives to close our society’s opportunity gap by preparing learners to thrive in careers shaped by continuous technological change. Through innovative programs, relevant partnerships, and exceptional care, we empower students to meaningfully improve their lives, communities, and workplaces. When you apply for a DeVry University career, you become part of an institution that dates back to 1931. Our colleagues are passionate about higher education and shaping the future of today’s learners.
The Associate Dean, Programs and Curriculum leads specific program discipline(s) as outlined by DeVry University Executive Team. This requires a strategic and holistic approach including the management of the programs of study, curriculum, and courses to deliver the necessary educational and learning objectives outlined within the discipline(s). The Associate Dean, Programs and Curriculum will be viewed as a subject matter expert in their discipline area(s) and as such be required to maintain an internal and external profile consistent with expectations. Duties can include program/product design, curriculum development, content evaluation, direct and indirect assessment of student learning, accreditation, providing expertise on degree and non-degree program development, occasional teaching, and contributing to other projects as needed.
- Lead curriculum and content development within academic courses and other forms of delivery to ensure educational and learning outcomes for programs are met or exceeded.
- Work closely with instructional designers to develop engaging courses; manage revisions courses within the program discipline(s) to ensure that all courses are relevant and current and at the appropriate level.
- Employ the most effective methods for multi-modal delivery of content and hands-on experience/lab-work in an online, face-to-face, blended environment when developing courses/curriculum. Establish an innovative and engaging learning environment for students by supporting the integration of new and existing course technologies.
- Keep a pulse on the external market, cultivate program advisory from the industry, and speak as a subject matter expert in external forums related to the discipline.
- Contribute to the University Mission and one’s professional development via activities including:
- Engaging in scholarly activity and keeping up to date in one’s field of study.
- Training, advising, and mentoring Full-time and Visiting Professors.
- Engaging and supporting in co-curricular activities and student outreach events.
- Developing and participating in marketing content development, public facing collateral creation, colleague product training, program advisory forums, recruiting activities and career service development.
- Working closely with faculty and deans, assist with the development of assessment plan and evaluation of assessment outcomes to determine student success and develop action plans to address opportunities for improvement.
- Audit course materials in term of quality and schedule requirements with the established guidelines.
- Collaborate with faculty subject matter experts to improve the quality of the curriculum.
- Work across departments such as marketing, enrollment management, registrar, student services, academic operations, career services and information technology departments to improve the programmatic offerings
- Working closely with faculty curriculum committees, assist in program reviews, program assessment and recommend changes to the curriculum and program
- Collaborate with dean(s) for achieving accreditation for respective discipline(s).
- Provide student and faculty advisement and mentorships, as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong domain knowledge (Information Systems and Data Science), connection to industry
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required
- 5 to 10 years professional experience, with progressively greater responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution, management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone skills.
- Sound working knowledge of personal computer hardware/software and the Internet.
- Experience coaching and mentoring staff.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal day to day supervision.
- Teams, effectively achieving team objectives and goals.
- Demonstrated achievement in curriculum and program management.
- Demonstrated ability in management.
- Demonstrated contribution to the disciplinary field(s).
- Teaching experience in a higher-education or professional education settings, preferably in multiple modalities
- Prior work experience preferably in an academic or leadership experience
- Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred
We believe diversity is essential to our educational mission and to the success of our community. We are committed to fostering a working environment where differences are respected, valued and embraced. DeVry does not require Colleagues provide proof of their vaccination status except where it is mandated by state, city or local rules.