Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Dallas, TX
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we’re redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team! Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2023 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
As a Data Science Intern, you will work alongside our Data Science team that act as internal consultants to deliver immediate value and design long term solutions to provide a fundamental change to all portions of our business.
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Obtain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend professional workshops facilitated by our Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership and more!
- Our internship program will be 10 weeks starting May 2023 to August 2023
- Internships will be based out of our Home Offices in Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior or Senior year
- You are concentrating in the major(s) of Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Accounting, Business, Finance and/or Financial Management
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Able to read & write in Python (R is a plus!)
- Exposure to SQL
- You are a critical thinker. You think about how we can implement strategy for the future. We need folks that challenge the norm by being inquisitive and drawing new conclusions.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- You possess intellectual curiosity. We need folks that challenge the norm by being inquisitive and drawing new solutions.
So, What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat although we do have plenty of snacks to keep you fueled. We encourage you to step away from your desk and enjoy our game room equipped with a pool table, ping-pong competitions and other games to help decompress.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an in-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Networking Events. We pride ourselves on creating a culture of inclusivity and fun! That’s why we make a point to host various on and off-site events to help you network, engage and connect with one another.
- Growth Opportunities. Last year, 64% of our interns stayed onboard after the summer program. Our goal is to have a career waiting for you after your internship with DriveTime!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don’t just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!