Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
About the team
Flipkart is India s largest eCommerce company and is defining eCommerce in the country. Flipkart s vision is to make Analytics and Big Data part of its overarching competitive strategy, and push it up to decision makers at every level.
You will partner with business heads for Retail/Marketplace/Supply Chain/Marketing/Product to create enormous impact through the use of the latest analytical tools and techniques. At Flipkart, high focus on impact and ownership allows for freedom for each to experiment and innovate. The ability to see what your contribution does to the business is a rare experience, add to that the fact that the impact of it is felt by your friends and family in India – the experience is extremely gratifying.
About the role:
Lead Business Analyst is an Individual Contributor role where you would enable senior leadership decision making by streamlining the measurement of KPIs and identify the key drivers of these KPIs by building causal models. You would execute deep, complex quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights.
What you ll do:
- You will deep dive into assessment of key drivers for KPIs by drawing relevant business hypothesis and quantify the impact of these drivers on the relevant KPI
- You will be responsible for defining and improving key metrics and communicating business trends to leadership
- You will be working closely with the business/product teams to enable data driven decision making.
- You will lead and mentor junior Analysts
- You are required to think at scale and integrates solutions into product systems/ solution onboarded on ML platform
- You should be able to influence investment opportunities for business based on internal/ external data
What you ll need:
Educational/ Work ex:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related discipline from a reputed institute or an MBA from a reputed institute
- 5 Years of experience in a relevant role and 2 years or more in a Lead Analyst role
Required abilities / competencies:
- Ability to think on scale and apply the right analytical/ statistical solve
- Ability to identify new opportunities for business based on internal/ external data
- Ability to identify and enable adoption of innovative solves to business problems
- Ability to trade-off between different approaches/ metrics to arrive at optimal solutions
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation and project management skills
- Ability to course correct and deliver in a changing business environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform gracefully in a multitasking project environment with attention to detail
- Ability to guide juniors in the team on planning, prioritization and execution
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, other scripting languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Strong background in statistical modelling and experience with statistical tools such as R, Python, Spark, SAS or SPSS. High expertise in building machine learning models.
- Good to have : working experience with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, Datastudio, etc)