Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Galveston, TX
- The purpose of this class is to design and develop business intelligence solutions.
- The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
- Create and manage BI and analytics that turn data into knowledge, helping the County and its departments make better decisions.
- Utilize multiple industry-standard analytics tools (Power BI, Excel, Smartsheet, etc.) and statistical methods, when applicable, to deliver actionable information to County stakeholders.
- Translate well-defined business needs to technical specifications, creating a solution that enables effective business decisions.
- Build dashboards and reports, using customer source data.
- Create, troubleshoot and maintain BI solutions, data, analyses, and applicable code. Identify root cause of any issues, propose solutions, and take ownership in resolution.
- Develop database queries, using SQL for example, to manipulate and transform data.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Deliver end products on schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, plus three to five years of work-related experience.
- Experience in data modeling, mining, and statistical analysis.
- Working, applicable knowledge of BI/Reporting tools (such as Power BI).
- Advanced understanding of database management systems, queries, and reporting services (SSRS, SSIS).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Possess an analytical mind, strong initiative, and a problem-solving spirit.
- Strong attention to detail with good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess business acumen to work directly with elected officials and department heads.
- Complete CJIS Awareness Training Level 4 every two years.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical demands refer to the requirements for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
- Unavoidable hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
- The work is typically performed sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
- Emergency Preparedness Tier Level: 3
Equal Opportunity Statement
- The County of Galveston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.