Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: South San Francisco, CA
2023 Summer Intern – Data Engineering
US Medical Affairs (USMA) is part of Genentech’s OMG (commercial, medical, government) organization, and is focused on leading the healthcare industry by improving patient autoames and the customer experience. USMA includes its own evidence generation (EG) funcon that is focused on delivering tomorrow’s medical advances faster to more patients via clinical trials of the future, culing. edge insights generation, and groundbreaking inclusive research USMA EG has end-to-end expertise across the data and insights generation value chain including biostatistics, data sciences, clinical operations, data management, biosample management, and systoms and vendor management.
USMA EG manages a data generation portionio of over 500 cinical trials including company-sponsored and supported trials and an insights generaton portfolio of over 200 projects including exploratory data analyses, roal world data and personalized health care projects
This internship position is located in South San Francisco, on site.
- Automation: Developing innovative solutions for automating data handling and analytics processes using R/Python. familiarity with R Shiny a plus
- Data engineering: Exploring efficiencies in data flow from various vendor data to analysis ready data sets
- Data analytics: Developing code for processing or exploration of patient level clinical data, potentially aggregating with digital health (device) and/or genomic data
- Developing R packages: Developing or refactoring code to create reusable R packages for data processing or visualization
- Innovation: Driving proof of concept work to explore usage of new software or programming language in a component of our work
- Deep familiarity and experience with genomics data, including bulk and single cell RNA-seq is a Plus
- Intensive 12-weeks, full time (40 hours per week) paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May and June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
Who You Are
- Any Degree Level. Senior Undergraduates, current graduate students (MS or PhD) who are available to work full time for the duration of the internship, or recent grads (within 2 years of receiving their last degree).
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion
- Experienced problem solver capable of seeking help when needed
- Excellent communicator and team player; comfortable explaining complex technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Intermediate programming ability in R; familiarity with R Shiny a plus
- Experience with software development workflow including versioning and code collaboration with Git
- Passion for learning and curious about drug development in the biotech industry
- Familiarity with genomics, biomarker data is a plus
Preferred majors: Computer Science, Data Science, Biotechnology and other related fields
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Any other skills
Along with the submission of your CV, a cover letter is optional.
Relocation benefits are not available for this job posting.
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location for this position of California is $21.00 – $50.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position also qualifies for paid holiday time off benefits.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.