Job Location: Orlando, FL
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Indianapolis preferred, but open to any location in the United States
US Citizenship Required
Shift: 8:00/9:00 AM to 5:00/6:00 PM ET. With either Friday Saturday or Sunday Monday rest days.
Do you like working in a mission-critical role where you will resolve complex customer issues each day? Our Cloud Support team works around the clock to identify and resolve our customers’ problems on the first try. If you’re up for a challenge, this role might be for you.
What this role is:
You will be a senior member of our cloud support team supporting Genesys Cloud customers. Our customers contact us by phone, chat, email, or video, and you’ll identify the issue and find the solution to the problem. You won’t be in this alone. We are a team that helps each other and likes to have fun too.
What this role isn’t:
You aren’t at an IT helpdesk changing passwords, and turning it off and back on probably won’t work. You will be troubleshooting customer issues with our cloud platform on AWS. You also won’t be able to fix it and forget it. We want you to document and share what you found out with the rest of the team.
What you’ll bring to the table:
To be successful in this role, you’ll have 2+ years of technical support, software development, and/or other relevant experience. You need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills to connect with the customers and work with your team. You also need to have patience. Remember, they aren’t calling us because the software is working correctly. We also look for people who are always willing to learn new things and take on new challenges.
Some details about what you will do:
- You will interact with Genesys customers using our case management system, phone, email, chat, and/or shared screen sessions.
- You will be the customer’s contact for providing accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems
- You will call on Subject Matter Experts when you need to escalate and issue
- You will update and document the details of the issues, the steps you took to solve it, follow up conversations, escalations, and resolution in our case management system.
- You will help create and add to knowledgebase articles, troubleshooting guides, FAQ’s, and other support collateral
- You will need to stay up to date with all the current new Genesys Cloud products and features
- You will take part in an on-call roster as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours and be available after-hours for emergencies
- Understanding of SIP, WebRTC, VoIP, PCap analysis, troubleshooting call quality, media gateways, and SBC devices
- Ability to understand complex network topologies, NAT traversal, Firewalls, Information Security, troubleshoot packet loss and delay, jitter, CODECs
- Having experience supporting contact center environments, CTI, PBX, ACD, IVR, CRM, Web technologies: HTTP/XML/ASP/JSP, web servers
- You need to be comfortable working in a dynamic team environment. We operate under pressure and have to hit strict timelines to be successful.
- You must have a passion for customer satisfaction. This team strives to resolve our customers’ issues on the first try
- You need to be able to take complex information and present it in a clear, concise manner and be able to explain it further if required.
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, related technical discipline (preferred), or equal professional technical experience
- This position requires that you are a U.S. citizen
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time.
As our Covid-19 task force and internal teams plan to reopen our global offices, the policies and procedures will continue to be updated.
Every year, Genesys® orchestrates more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in more than 100 countries. Through the power of our cloud, digital and AI technologies, organizations can realize Experience as a Service℠, our vision for empathetic customer experiences at scale. With Genesys, organizations have the power to deliver proactive, predictive, and hyper personalized experiences to deepen their customer connection across every marketing, sales, and service moment on any channel, while also improving employee productivity and engagement. By transforming back-office technology to a modern revenue velocity engine Genesys enables true intimacy at scale to foster customer trust and loyalty. Visit www.genesys.com
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Please note that recruiters will never ask for sensitive personal or financial information during the application phase.