Job Location: Raleigh, NC
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Data Analyst’s (DA) main purpose is to identify and define the solutions that improve the value delivered by the organization to the stakeholders. DAs generate value by fully understanding Grail’s methodologies and capabilities, identification of known or unknown opportunities, the realization of untapped efficiencies, and avoidance of unnecessary cost. The DA is involved in the design or modification of data processes. The analyst will interact with stakeholders and subject matter experts across operations in order to document, organize and clarify requirements and workflows. The DA must be proactive and possess proven strength in researching and finding solutions to creatively introduce alternative processes and workflows to augment what the stakeholders provided. In this capacity, the DA needs to possess a strong logical approach, effective critical thinking, a dynamic creative mindset, and adaptable social skills.
- Understand and document the current state of data flows, as well as operational business processes
- Identify potential improvement opportunities
- Elicit data processing requirements for improvement opportunities
- Partner with SMEs on technical requirements
- Contribute to best practices for requirements/process design documentation
- Capture knowledge and outcome of decisions
- Understand stakeholders’ strategic vision and associated priorities
YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD INCLUDE:
- BA or BS with 2 years of relevant experience
- MBA or related preferred
- Must have experience in one of the following domains: Health Services, Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, or Biomedical testing; A strong plus for the genetic testing industry.
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to quickly solve problems
- Process Modeling Knowledge
- Interpretation and visualization of relevant data
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.