Job Location: Denver, CO
As a Health and Benefits Data Analyst you will contribute to a wide variety of projects involving the financing, design and ongoing management of the full spectrum of health and benefit programs. This role provides excellent opportunities to grow your health and benefits business acumen and client management skills by working on cutting edge projects alongside leaders in the industry.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Support the client service team by contributing to core health and benefits projects involving the financial management and design of group medical, dental, vision, life, disability and wellbeing benefits for clients. Responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with colleagues by effectively addressing questions and needs
- Assist with the calculation of renewals
- Complete underwriting for prospects
- Supporting preparation for client meetings (prepare materials, coordinate resources, etc.)
- Supporting benchmarking and other research engagements; providing value added analyses and summaries
- Building relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Supporting colleagues in benefit plan analysis, design, cost savings and funding strategies
- Performing financial analyses including developing pricing/underwriting and employee contributions strategies and modelling plan design alternatives
- Ensuring all deliverables align with client objectives, leverage WTW standard tools and templates, and adhere to WTW professional excellence standards
- 2-5 years’ experience in professional services, ideally gained in a benefit consulting/brokerage firm or health underwriting / actuarial function of an insurance company
- Well organized and detail oriented; ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong client service orientation and ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar positions located in other WTW locations may vary. In addition, salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and performance in the role.
The annualized salary range being offered for this role is $65,000-$70,000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.
WTW may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
EEO, including disability/vets