Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
Santa Clara, California, United States
Hitachi America, Ltd.
Engineering & Science
Research Scientist, Advanced Analytics/ML
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Full Time Employee
- Conceptualize deep learning approaches to solve a given business problem.
- Create and test prototypes using the latest in AI/ML algorithms for industrial problems, robotics automation, logistics etc.
- Produce high quality research relevant to the academic community through publications and conference presentations, as well as patent development.
- Keep up with the latest in ML/AI advancements in industry and academia and introduce to the rest of the team.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets across various modalities.
- Work in a cross-disciplinary team with MLOps, Infrastructure, sensing, and manufacturing domain experts and be able to understand and build upon previous design and architecture and add differentiators.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field is required.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of machine learning is required.
- Knowledge of computer vision using RGB and depth data is required.
- Knowledge of ML/AI topics including: Representation Learning, Reinforcement Learning/Inverse Reinforcement learning, Behavior Cloning/Imitation Learning and Deep Learning as demonstrated by high quality publications.
- Experience in Python, as well as ML tools and frameworks such as PyTorch, sklearn, and pandas.
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience in robotic systems such as robot learning is a plus
- Prior experience with Industrial IoT applications and architecture including Cloud/Edge functionalities is a plus.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and one or more MLOps frameworks (Kubeflow, MLFLow, Seldon etc.) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.