Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Decision Science Analyst at Bangalore
Global Service Centers are an integral part of Global Operations. Automation and Analytics Team is a team within Compliance Assurance (CA) sub function as part of Global Service Centre, acts as the analytical powerhouse by leveraging analytical thought process with business knowledge to gain critical insights to make better and informed business decisions.
The Automation and Analytics Team in Bangalore provides analytical solutions & Information management to various HSBC portfolios and Business Units. The Analytics Team’s focus is on using logical thought process and relevant statistical techniques to understand and analyse product portfolio metrics and risk behaviour to arrive at value-based optimum decisions.
Decision Science Analyst should be able to-
- Partner with functional business leaders in developing high quality analytical solutions
- Partner with various Business teams / IT teams to develop Automation and Analytical solutions
- Data Implementation Checks and Quality Assurance
- Developing Statistical models and data frameworks
- Develop end-to-end automated analytical solution along with data visualizations
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership and product teams.
What you’ll do:
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business/Function
- To support the Business by providing vital input for strategic planning by the senior management which enables effective decision making along with addressing unforeseen challenges
- The team leverages the best of data and analytics capabilities to enable smarter decisions and drive profitable growth
- The team supports various domains ranging from Regulatory, Operations, Procurement, Human Resources, and Financial Crime Risk. It provides support to various business groups and the job involves data analysis, model and strategy development & implementation, Business Intelligence, reporting and data management
- The team addresses range of business problems which cover areas of business growth, improving customer experience, limiting risk exposure, capital quantification, enhancing internal business processes etc.
- Proactively identify key emerging compliance risks across all RC categories and interface appropriately with other RC teams and senior management.
- To provide greater understanding of the potential impact and associated consequences / failings of significant new or emerging risks.
- To provide innovative and effective solutions based on SME knowledge that assists the Business / Function.
- Proposing, managing and tracking the resolution of subsequent risk management actions.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Deliver repeatable and scalable analytics through the semi-automation of Level 1 Financial Crime Risk and Regulatory Compliance Risk Assurance controls testing. Here, Compliance Assurance will develop and run analytics on data sets which will contain personal information such as customer and employee data.
- Compliance Assurance provides independent assurance services to assist HSBC in the timely identification, evaluation and mitigation of regulatory and financial crime risks. We are responsible for testing the effectiveness of the management of regulatory and financial crime risks and assessing whether the business is operating in line with relevant laws, regulations, principles and HSBC Group standards, including whether the Compliance sub-functions are designed appropriately and operating optimally.
- Establish and maintain a robust and efficient control environment to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Collaboratively work in cross-functional projects using advanced data modelling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Design and build and automate technical processes to address business issues.
- Contribute the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyse business functions and key operations and performance metrics
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders / line managers.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- At least 3-4 of overall Industry experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on analytics experience solving complex business problems using data
- Master’s degree from reputed university in statistics, economics or any other quantitative fields would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4-5 years of industry experience with at least 4 years of hand-on analytics experience.
- Strong analytical skills with business analysis experience or equivalent. In-depth knowledge and understanding of
- financial-services/ banking-operations is a must
Technical Skills (Basic to Intermediary Level):
- Experience of modern analysis methods and machine learning algorithms (For e.g.- Regression, Classification,
- Decision tree, Random Forest, Gradient boosting, XG Boost, Neural Networks etc.) would be important
- Proficiency working in Python and other Data Science Tools
- Proficiency in visualization tools such as QlikSense / Tableau / PowerBI
- Experience in Data Engineering skills – Building data pipelines using modern tools / libraries (Spark or similar) would be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure) would be an added advantage.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***