Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Remote
Pay Rate: $52-54/HR
Junior Data Engineer will join a team of IT resources who are embedded with actuarial and financial business partners to deliver upon their extract-translate-load data needs. A typical day includes stand ups, in-depth buildout of data pipelines, and detailed debugging of data issues. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills who is proficient in SQL with some software developer experience such as R, Python, Java, or more.
Junior Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conduct data engineering and analysis tasks to support the building of data pipelines relying on configurations and SQL. To
- Work in hands-on group/collaborative settings, coordinating closely with other Data Engineers and actuarial business partners for programming/debugging work.
- Utilize Java-based applications to develop data pipelines, Python to develop custom solutions to data and applications issues, and SQL and some other developer languages for hands-on technical work.
- Interface with AWS cloud technologies as both a data consumer and data provider
Junior Data Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years related work experience or a Master’s in a related field.
- Exceptional cross-functional communication required to interface well with both other developers and financial business professionals.
- Knowledge of financial services products and processes preferred.
- Ability to work directly with data and datastores through programming language such as SQL, Python, Java, etc.
- General ETL experience is required, and experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, or Github is strongly preferred
- Experience with a variety of data modeling techniques and data structures.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud systems.
- Experience building/operating systems for data extraction, ingestion and processing of large data sets.
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Excellent time management skills preferred. Ability to collaborate with others required. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.