Job Location: Norwood, MA
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing a high level of technical support to our customers and field-based engineers worldwide. This position is primarily focused on providing software, electronic, mechanical, and application support on Instron systems. Assistance and support are provided primarily via the telephone and email, and in addition, will get involved in technical based projects and represent service on product design teams. This position also has a training component where the person will be responsible for creating or conducting training on certain products and develop content for our AI application which will enhance our technical support capabilities.
- Provides technical assistance for all Instron software and hardware products to customers and field service engineers by phone and email
- Identify, monitor, and action customer issues requiring escalation beyond technical support through completion. Document resolution with the intent to prevent in the future.
- Assists in the training of field service engineers in the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of basic electromechanical and servo-hydraulic equipment. This would require the ability to develop training materials and becoming the SME of certain products lines.
- Recommends design changes as a CPD member for service to products or to maintenance procedures to improve reliability, maintainability, and usability.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining, and using the technical information found on various databases.
- Responsible for developing and providing information in the form of field service bulletins or notifications to field engineers that will assist in performing more efficient and reliable service.
- Required to maintain all customer call information in the service database in appropriate detail, manage open queue call to a reasonable level and account for hours associated with daily activities
- B.S. in a technical degree program or equivalent
- The ability to understand complex electronic theory and/or electromechanical designs, a thorough understanding of PC’s, and the ability to learn a wide variety of software applications, including LIMS database systems
- Must be able to troubleshoot systems utilizing schematics, diagrams, and technical manuals
- Self-motivated, possess exceptional organizational and time management skills, team player, cooperative demeanor, and due to the high level of customer interaction, possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and properly prioritize many competing activities based on the teams overall strategic intent and goals
- Occasional travel may be required (15%-20%)
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.