Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Become a part of Intel’s Advance Packaging Team by joining the Mechanical and Process Core Competency (MPCC) team. Join the Core Competency organization to assist in achieving our mission and continuing to make this a great place to work.
The MPCC team deals with fundamental process development challenges for advanced packaging technologies. This team leverages both experimental and numerical methods across a broad range of areas, including thermal, mechanical, and fluids. This position uses a combination of simulations and experiments, as needed, to help solve practical engineering problems. The team frequently leverages advanced analysis methods (statistical, AI/ML) to supplement modeling and experimental approaches.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Possess a Master’s degree and 1+ years of experience or PhD degree and 6+ months of experience in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or related field
- 6+ months experience engineering programming skills in tools like Matlab, Python, or similar.
- Must have the required degree before starting in the position.
1+ years of experience (master’s degree) or 6+ months of experience (PhD degree) with one or more of the following:
- Experience with commercial Mechanical and/or CFD modeling tools like Comsol, Fluent, Ansys, or similar.
- Experience with designing, planning and executing experiments, along with interpretation of results.
- Programming/script development with artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts.
- Demonstrated willingness to work seamlessly between experiments and simulations.
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art – from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will require an on-site presence.