Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Designs the technical architecture to address business requirements, including the design of system configurations (hardware, software, and messaging, as appropriate), solving complex problems in realms where solutions may not currently exist, necessitating new solutions / ways of working / technologies and proactively articulating these to the business
- Develops positive relationships across the business to understand requirements, applies deep technical knowledge of product or capability to solve business problems and works closely with development teams to oversee implementation
Your key responsibilities
- Provides innovative and practical designs for the design and integration of new and existing systems, applying advanced technical capabilities
- Provides technical expertise to maximize improve value from new and existing IT products and solutions and may lead on tool evaluation efforts including the definition of evaluation criteria, tool identification and the actual evaluation
- Guides others in resolving sophisticated issues in technical architecture and solves sophisticated, escalated aspects of a project and contributes to project management activities, such as providing estimates for tasks
- Works across multidisciplinary teams and with the business to deliver simple and easy to use systems that meet user needs and gains client / business customers’ buy-in consensus
- Provides coaching, mentoring and support to development teams during integration of components and services across the eco-system, frameworks and platforms
- Reviews and develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution complies aligns with architectural design
- Contributes to development standards to promote optimization and consistency (including code modularization and reuse)
Skills and attributes for success
- Has an advanced understanding of technical architecture and can apply this in the development of components of highly scalable, redundant and fault tolerant systems.
- Operates with production first and test first mindset. Boosts developer productivity and velocity to shorter the inner loop and minimize churn
- Profound understanding of Machine Learning use cases and identifies areas where AI can help
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- More than 10 years applied experience
- Has 5 years of cloud experience (Azure preferred, AWS, or Google) as a development lead or architect.
- A certification from one of the cloud vendors would be ideal
- Experience of “”owning”” the design of a major/large component of an application or software architecture
- Possesses deep knowledge on technical architecture spanning across all aspects of each system and how it can be applied in a business context
- Proven experience in delivering effective technical architecture strategies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CNCF Certification
- Azure, GCP or AWS Cloud Certified
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion!
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.