Job Location: Bangalore
Job Description Summary:
Job Description: This position is primarily focused on software development within a network engineering team. You will be supporting a large existing Python code base focused on network automation, data collection and management, self-service tools, and misc. tools supporting the network engineering team. As a member of the network engineering team, you will be expected to interact directly within the network/security domain to evaluate their requirements and write/support code for them. Having knowledge of networking is highly desirable. This job provides a lot of freedom to explore new tools/apps that could be useful for the network engineering team.
- Network automation aims to eliminate the manual effort involved in the repetitive time consuming BAU, transition and compliance tasks.
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning, code optimization, integration with ticketing and monitoring tools etc.
- Manage internally built set of Python scripts and larger applications to support thousands of devices for Network Engineering team.
- Update / patch extensive existing internal Python library of tools.
- Build new tools/applications leveraging existing internal Python library.
- Support Python Flask web framework backend and frontend.
- Collect data from various means (API, SSH, Database), parse, and ingest into existing database.
- Provide reporting via audits, data dumps to equal, etc utilizing collected data.
- Work with different Geos as needed for the role.
- Create well commented and structured code built with focus on maintainability.
- Regular Expressions / Text parsing
- MySQL query creation or other database experience
- Basic Linux command line operations (apache2, permissions, etc)
- Ability to work independently and own project from requirements through delivery.
- Git / Github
- Hands-on experience in python or go language & REST API
- Good knowledge of architectural/design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of network element technologies, functions, data flows, etc. for different IP networks and performance tuning.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to ₹2,500,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Please share your current salary and notice period.
- working with Python code base: 3 years (Required)
- total work: 6 years (Required)