Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about building solutions for our greatest national challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Are you excited about working with cutting edge technology?
If so, we ‘re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
To address emerging national challenges, we develop software systems that enable the application of data science and artificial intelligence (AI) to multiple domains, including cyber operations, healthcare, social media analysis, space and image and video exploitation. Our group is currently making critical contributions in the fight of online misinformation, cyber-attacks and the COVID-19 pandemic! We want talented people who can work as part of a team to design, implement, test, and maintain innovative data visualizations. You will leverage your GUI and rendering expertise with a variety of modern visualization frameworks to rapidly adapt prototypes for a multitude of environments and data modalities.
As a Data Visualization specialist, you will…
- Support agile development teams in the design, development, and adaption of custom data visualizations to various problems.
- Collaborate with sponsors and end users to understand their operations and provide an array of visual analysis and situational awareness displays.
- Research and propose new innovative visualization components, frameworks and approaches for solving cutting edge sponsor problems.
You’ll meet our minimum qualifications if you have…
- B.S. in a computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience with dynamic web frameworks such as VueJs, React or Angular
- Experience with Java / Kotlin desktop visualization frameworks like Swing, Java FX or Tornado FX
- Experience with data pipeline, workflow management, and version control tools
- Understanding of software engineering concepts (e.g., object-oriented vs functional, batch vs stream processing)
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Have the ability to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You’ll exceed our minimum requirements if you have working knowledge of…
- Data science and machine learning practices
- Message brokers (e.g., RabbitMQ, Kafka, MQTT, ZeroMQ)
- Augmented/Virtual Reality frameworks such as Unity or Unreal
- OpenGL 3D programming
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact [email protected]. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.